1420cc big bore

memphisjim

ok was looking around and clicked on this link

http://www.millepercento.com/index.php

i can't read italian but it looks as if there is a 1420cc upgrade for a guzzi

can anyone interpret this?

Jim: nobody knows anything about these other than what is in the press release because they're too danged expen$ive for anyone to seriously contemplate buying a bike & then spending enough $ for another bike on the kit & installation to end up w/ a bike that would still be easily spanked by a modern sportbike that cost less than the original Guzzi you began with in the 1st place. :oldgit:

Basically, it's not what owning a Moto Guzzi is about. We're all cheap bastidges here... :grin:

Now, if they were giving them away free, I wouldn't turn up my nose at one... :thumbsup:

they're too danged expen$ive for anyone to seriously contemplate buying a bike & then spending enough $ for another bike on the kit & installation to end up w/ a bike that would still be easily spanked by a modern sportbike that cost less than the original Guzzi you began with in the 1st place. :oldgit:

Basically, it's not what owning a Moto Guzzi is about.

:rolleyes: After everything that we've written about that contraption, that's a pretty-well perfect précis.

Well done, old... :oldgit:

:D

Well they have sold at least one. There is some Finish geezer who posts up on a host of boards saying how wonderful and fantastic it is. Personally I'd expect to go through clutches and driveline components like a speedfreak necking little blue pills but what would I know? Personally I think it is a hideously ugly, overweight, under-engineered shitheap. Did I mention that it's ugly. Oh, yes, it's ugly too. The Finish bloke says that to look really good it has to be covered in chrome. Hmmm. Uglier still. Brilliant.

I'm nore than happy with my 8VG. If I wanted something with 135 RWBHP I'd go and buy an RSV-4. It would not only do everything a zillion times better than that great chunk-O-munt but it would look drop-dead gorgeous too!!!!!!

Pete

Linky http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,58450.0.html

Well they have sold at least one. There is some Finish geezer who posts up on a host of boards saying how wonderful and fantastic it is. Personally I'd expect to go through clutches and driveline components like a speedfreak necking little blue pills but what would I know? Personally I think it is a hideously ugly, overweight, under-engineered shitheap. Did I mention that it's ugly. Oh, yes, it's ugly too. The Finish bloke says that to look really good it has to be covered in chrome. Hmmm. Uglier still. Brilliant.

I'm nore than happy with my 8VG. If I wanted something with 135 RWBHP I'd go and buy an RSV-4. It would not only do everything a zillion times better than that great chunk-O-munt but it would look drop-dead gorgeous too!!!!!!

Pete

Linky http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,58450.0.html

well said pete or for the cost of the upgrade alone I'd get a used RSVR, so going to get back on one of those after I'm done with this duc

I have actually contacted those guys about a month or two ago. They sent me the answer and in my opinion the engine is way overpriced. BB1 engine would run me 10000 Euros plus my engine. I also would have to get a radiator and a different ECU. So, if one would undertake such a project the bike would end up costing around $20000 which in the category of Bimotas. Since I wanted something unique and different I just bought myself 2008 BMW HP2 Sport. I wish MG would have made MGS01.

I have actually contacted those guys about a month or two ago. They sent me the answer and in my opinion the engine is way overpriced. BB1 engine would run me 10000 Euros plus my engine. I also would have to get a radiator and a different ECU. So, if one would undertake such a project the bike would end up costing around $20000 which in the category of Bimotas. Since I wanted something unique and different I just bought myself 2008 BMW HP2 Sport. I wish MG would have made MGS01.

I did not realize it was THAT high you could get a used RSVR and a 1098 AND still have money left over for upgrades both of which would destroy the big bore.

I dunno anything much about the BigBore motor. But I admire Millepercento for working with Guzzis whatever. Seems to me to complain that "for that money I could have something that would go faster" is itself "missing the point": if you follow the logic of that argument you wouldn't be riding a Guzzi at all, cos you can bet that for whatever you paid for yours, you could have found something faster. Whether or not the BigBore works (didn't they run it in an MGS01 racebike - I can't find anything on Google?) is academic to me, I don't have that sort of cash, but good luck to Millepercento for having a go & putting their necks on the block trying to achieve something where Guzzi themselves seem to have given up.

See they list some nice ally timing gears on their site too... :unsure:

KB :sun:

I did not realize it was THAT high you could get a used RSVR and a 1098 AND still have money left over for upgrades both of which would destroy the big bore.

Actually neither of this bikes could destroy or come close to a big motor. When this motor was installed in MGS01 that Guareschi took to Daytona it blew off everyone else including 1098. The 1098 rider was actually shocked how powerfull that engine was. Also remember that it has a lot more tourque then anything in it class. The only thing is that its very pricey. If it would be in around $5-6K I would actually get it and would keep my V11. As it stands I need to sell my V11 as soon as possible to pay for HP2 Sport

... it blew off everyone else including 1098. The 1098 rider was actually shocked how powerfull that engine was. Also remember that it has a lot more tourque then anything in it class....

Come on, what do you expect?! It's a 1420cc engine! I wouldn't be too surprised in case a hot pimped S&S/HD engine of this capacity would show a similar performance.

If you tend to define "Sports" this way you might find *this* also quite sporty.

Hubert

... it blew off everyone else including 1098. The 1098 rider was actually shocked how powerfull that engine was. Also remember that it has a lot more tourque then anything in it class....

Come on, what do you expect?! It's a 1420cc engine! I wouldn't be too surprised in case a hot pimped S&S/HD engine of this capacity would show a similar performance.

If you tend to define "Sports" this way you might find *this* also quite sporty.

Hubert

I thought he was defining "sports" as being faster around a race track. The Bentley is not likely to be faster around a race track. Was the Guzzi running a bigger motor then the Ducatis, yeah. But if you ran a Ducati that big it would likely blow up. And in the end, on the race track, it is very easy to tell who won and who lost. And in that case the Guzzi won.

Sundance has built some nice H-D powered racers, but nothing as fast as the BigBore MGS01.