1420cc big bore

memphisjim

FalcoLion,

Since you spent a lot of money (for the BMW), why didn't you buy a new MGS O1? Problem of homologation (street legal) I suppose?

Fortunately what I spend on the BMW is even less then any new Duc 848. crossy.gif If I could get my hands on MGS01 for that price I would buy it in a flash if that was available. Unfortunately MGS01 was never brought here in the USA and whatever got in the country is selling in $30K range. That is way out of my league.knownothing.gif

Ah yes. Sports!

0712_crup_01_z+harley_davidson_xl_883_sportster_883+side_view.jpg

(Cough!) :D

Pete

god damn pete that is funny, You remind me of knurl sometimes too, I swear your brothers but he is the aprilia knowitall.

Yeah, that is funny. It would be funnier if the Buell I sold (with a Sportster engine) to buy my Griso wouldn't eat my Griso for lunch in every category related to "Sport".

Wish I had kept that bike.

At least my Daytona is an improvement over the Griso (???? that doesn't make sense....)

It may be the closest thing in the current line-up to a 'Sports' bike but the Griso definitely isn't one by any contemporary definition of what makes a 'Sportsbike'. Still a great machine. I wouldn't be without mine for quids, but a 'Sportsbike'? Nah! The Trumpy is much sportier and Buells are/were an absolute ball-tearer! Loves me some Buell!!!! I still say that if I was mad enough to want a current TOTR sportsbike I'd be buying an RSV-4. I just think they are sexy as all get out.

Pete

Ah yes. Sports!

0712_crup_01_z+harley_davidson_xl_883_sportster_883+side_view.jpg

(Cough!) :D

Pete

god damn pete that is funny, You remind me of knurl sometimes too, I swear your brothers but he is the aprilia knowitall.

Yeah, that is funny. It would be funnier if the Buell I sold (with a Sportster engine) to buy my Griso wouldn't eat my Griso for lunch in every category related to "Sport".

Wish I had kept that bike.

At least my Daytona is an improvement over the Griso (???? that doesn't make sense....)

do be fair we're talking about a harley sportster here not a buell and not some tarted up track sportster, the standard 883 sporster is the biggest dog and farthest from anything called "sport" I have ever seen. Could possibly be smoked at a light by a scooter

...do be fair we're talking about a harley sportster here not a buell and not some tarted up track sportster...

BigBore MGS01 is no more related to stock spiney than a "tarted up track Sportster" or Buell is to stock 883. The merits of the BigBore Motor was what I thought we were talking about.

As to "Sportsbikes" !...a bike is whatever it's used for. Labelling = pedantic semantics. Perhaps a list of all motorcycles defined by purpose to save us all this discussion. It could be government legislated & improper use, such as footboard scraping a Cali or touring a LM1, penalised.

This rant isn't directed at Ben or anyone particular here, quote was just something to hang it on. Seems forums are more & more stadiums for preening egos, for batting around pre-conceived delusions & scoring imaginary points off each other.

Short written pieces lack the subtleties of meaning of a personally delivered phrase or comment. There's only reader's interpretation, referenced against preferences & hang ups, picking isolated words as important or relevant, tho they may have been incidental to the writer. As I am doing here. Sad git.

Oh well.

BigBore motor seems to me an honest attempt by a Guzzi enthused company to keep the marque in the performance arena, where the parent company have thrown in the towel. If it didn't work, it wouldn't win races. Given Guzzi's history, & though it may not be the prettiest thing, I think Millepercento should be applauded for it. As should Eric Buell for his valiant attempts against the odds with HD.

KB :sun:

PS: Editing quotes could mean we didn't have repeated large photos of 883 Sportster. Surely we all know what one looks like & it must eat bandwidth.