interesting V11 for sale Germany

galaxiid

HOW the HELL does it have 57k on it with orange needles? I parked mine in the garage all the time and my needles were white with an orange hue. I bet he redid those as well the whole bike has a TON of money sunk into it. NOTTTTTT as much as Jaap's, you could buy a small house with that bikes bottom line.

Is it possible to get a sump like that BUT with the oil-filter sticking out behind?

I kinda wanna evolve my bike along (ground-clearance challenged) psuedo-scrambler lines over the next few months.

Got a trip with GS'ed mates to Morocco coming up in May so need to find some massive knobbly tires for some inevitable dirt/sand road attempts.

I can't help it - I'm like the biblical Ruth, "Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge..."

So knowing my weaknesses, I gotta git the guzzi ready to keep up with those haughty mongrels in the dirt.

Anyone done similar? Got helpful preparation suggestions (apart from don't do it)?

Merry Christmas

Is it possible to get a sump like that BUT with the oil-filter sticking out behind?

I kinda wanna evolve my bike along (ground-clearance challenged) psuedo-scrambler lines over the next few months.

Got a trip with GS'ed mates to Morocco coming up in May so need to find some massive knobbly tires for some inevitable dirt/sand road attempts.

I can't help it - I'm like the biblical Ruth, "Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge..."

So knowing my weaknesses, I gotta git the guzzi ready to keep up with those haughty mongrels in the dirt.

Anyone done similar? Got helpful preparation suggestions (apart from don't do it)?

Merry Christmas

I think Ruth needs to look at a Qota & keep any V11 on the highway.

no DO IT :notworthy:

I agree, could be worse things to do a V11, what if your mates are all going to Sturgis rather than Morocco? What then? Keep us posted on the scrambler conversion project. May I suggest Alpina spoked wheels for a start.

I really like the way the bike looks without the oil cooler in the front. Has anyone else done this modification? It seems to me that the oil cooler isnt necessary most of the time or almost all of the time for me. That bike looks like someone dumped a fantasy list of aftermarket parts into it. That would definitely be a bike of the month if we were still doing that.

I really like the way the bike looks without the oil cooler in the front. Has anyone else done this modification? It seems to me that the oil cooler isnt necessary most of the time or almost all of the time for me.

That inverted-pyramid sump was developed before the oil coolers started showing up: supposedly, with the deep Vee sump, the oil volume & surface area are both increased sufficiently that you can ditch the oil cooler for any uses less demanding than traversing the Sudan wfo... :luigi::thumbsup:

....trip with GS'ed mates to Morocco coming up in May so need to find some massive knobbly tires for some inevitable dirt/sand road attempts...I gotta git the guzzi ready to keep up with those haughty mongrels in the dirt.

Anyone done similar? Got helpful preparation suggestions (apart from don't do it)?...

Where you planning on going? Tyres, wide bars, crash bars would be a start. Any river crossing?

I rode T3 to Southern Morrocco, plenty off road, 2 up w/camping gear - had a great time - on normal road tyres, no special preparations but then I kept out of soft sand ...& ...I wasn't racing knobblied, duel-purpose bikes....

Not saying don't go - I think it's great idea - if you're just out pottering around you could do it on a stock Scura - it's a motorcycle, they'll go most places, but if you're thinking of matching GS off road, you're either very good or your mates are crap... or you're totally barking...& sump is the least of your worries.

Are you serious ScuRoo? If you are, I think this merits it's own thread - why not start it as a New Topic - "Off-roading a V11"...???

Happy New Year & Good luck!

KB :sun: