good news for v11 recall

scre103

dropped my rosso off at the dealer yesterday before the snow flies here in the chicago area. the dealer said to bring it in for the trans fix and was told by the powers to be that he would have parts in 2 to 3 weeks.however they may end up storing it there for the winter, hey-- more room in the garage till spring.best of luck to the rest of you guys who need the fix. :bike:

scre

Scre,

Thanks again for the info, but again.... since your dealer seems to be cooperating on this issue, is there any chance you might have, or could get, a Recall or Service Bulletin(or whatever MG calls them) number we can reference to alert our local dealers?

I had spoken to the owner of my local dealer, but he said MGNA wasn't talking about any such recall, as MGNA hadn't finished with the various NHTSA red-tape :huh2:

It would be really helpful if we could:

1) Have that reference number/info to give to a dealer to give them a head-start

2) Compile a recall FAQ/list and the relevant official MG identification cited

If you have any idea, thanks!

al

al , i know you keep asking for this stuff but i'm sorry i don't have that info. two dealers have confirmed the trans recall, and the dealer i took my bike to said he talked to someone at guzzi/aprllia and parts would be available soon. call some other dealers from out of your area, go to the list of guzzi dealers on the guzzi website, and see if you can get some solid answers. i'd give you my dealers names but i'm afraid they wouldn't like all the phone calls they'd be getting from all accross the nation. also if you bought your bike new, if your vin is in the recall you will be getting a letter directly from guzzi! scre

• 3 weeks later...

More general info:

This just in---

MGNA has announced a 2-part recall:

per Bulletin SRI01EB5:

All V11 Sport models produced from Oct 99 thru April 2001

(ZGUKRAKR8YM111929 TO ZGUKRAKR11M114435)

will have "new,improved shift rings and a redesigned cush-drive assembly"

installed in the gearbox.

Units affected:680

Per Bulletin SRI01EA5

All V11 Sport models produced October and November 1999

(ZGUKRAKR8YM111929 TO ZGUKRAKR9YM112099)

will get, in addition to the trans work, "new, redesigned connecting rods and bolts".

Units affected: 64

The required parts are being unloaded at the Guzzi warehouse, and

dealers have been notified to file claims upon request from customer.

The dealer cannot have spare sets of parts sitting around, so get your orders in early.

Definitely a "beans and cornbread" ticket for the dealer--

pays 3.2 hrs for rod replacement,

8.8 hrs for trans slider work.

Todd Haven

Parts Guy

MPH Cycles

Definitely a "beans and cornbread" ticket for the dealer--

pays 3.2 hrs for rod replacement,

8.8 hrs for trans slider work.

Todd Haven

Parts Guy

MPH Cycles

What do they pay per hour?

I hope Seattle dealers get more than Iowa dealers. (Because of cost of living, labor rates, and real estate rents)

I thought I heard MGNA only pays credit towards parts, and not cash for labor.

No failure (fingers crossed) but between 5 and 5.5K miles shifting degraded significantly (from about 5% to about 35% false neutrals between 2 - 5th gears).

I added REDLINE Heavy Duty Shockproof Trannie Oil and the shifting IMMEDIATELY improved drastically. I estimate I have about a 1% malfunction rate now at 6.5K miles.

Yes, mine is one affected by recall. Can anyone recommend a good dealer in Modesto (CA) area? Near SF Bay Area or Sacramento?

TIA :rasta:

Has anyone had any failures related to these recall parts ??

Are there any symptoms??

PAUL

My 00 Sport was in for repair for the transmission oil leak earlier this year. While the shop was test riding the bike to locate the orgin of the leak, the transmission got stuck in 3rd gear than neutral. Shop had to get it towed back to the shop. The trans came out and apart, every gear was damaged in the transmission and needed to be replaced. The thought at the time was that 3rd gear broke into 3 pieces and wiped out everything else. I have a feeling it was from the parts pointed out in the recall. Either way, when this type of failure happens at high speeds, it could cause the trans to lock up (with the rear wheel) and you will be going for a slide. :!:

Mike

MGNA pays shop labor rate. This is adjustable on a yearly basis with proper

paperwork backing it up.(i.e., if shop rises their labor rate)

The shop receives a credit to the parts account, but it really all comes out in the wash.

Just moving numbers from one column to another, if the dealer is buying any

amount of accessories at all from MGNA.