OK, are we (am I) being too hard on poor ol' post-V11 Moto Guzzi?

belfastguzzi

Explain......... ?

It's just the obvious, in relation to the other threads about Guzzi's current output and possible future direction:

i.e. is there a sunny silver lining in the clouds of guzzi-doom?

Should we look past the tragic customer service and clutching-at-straws new product delivery?

Darn: see what you made me do! That was sneaky.

Right, start again.

Should we all just enjoy the past and think on the heritage high points

and close our eyes to the present, just like Piaggio Guzzi themselves do.

Argh – you made me say that, with your tricky question. You're bad, bad, naughty.

To use a modern football analogy:

Guzzi is 'a game of two halves'.

Should we just play in the half where the sun is shining and ignore the way that the wind is blowing?

Uh, Yes. I'm afraid motorcycle manufacturers are building to customer whims rather than their own culture of tradition,passion,heritage,lineage and direction. The motorcycle market is like the car market. If you stripped their badges you would not be able to identify them.

MotoGuzzi has removed every characteristic that has made it MotoGuzzi. When they water cool it, I am going to croak.

On the bright side: I love the V 7 classic & Cafe models, the Griso (I know yours was s**t) and the Stelvio.

I will never come to grips with the MGS-01 that never came to be.

Now BFG, see what you made me do. Touche'

Yeah, you said GOOD THINGS about MG.

That's what this topic is for: an exploration of Good Things, even confirmation of what the MG GTs are, which are to be celebrated in our time.

We survived the Centauro debacle :grin:

I think the "direction Guzzi is heading" has always been a sort of "swerving all over the road" direction :grin:

Unfortunately, I don't think the Euro-4 regulations will do us any favors although, that bit won't affect the styling department too much.

I loved the bikes they had at the eicma09 show?? To me anyway it was a statement that guzzi was going boldly into the 21st century, But where are they now :bbblll: no new models just tarted up existing ones. But they have to get a grip with there dealers as well, after the N.I. Bash last year i was full of enthusiasm for all things guzzi especially after seeng the1200sports from the dutch crew. When i get home i go down to my local dealer as i was convinced he had a new one on the shopfloor, But alas no, he tells me if i want one he will order it in for me but he hasnt bothered ordering any new bikes from guzzi (to busy selling suzukis, kawas,mv,aprilia and triumph). There still isnt any new bikes to date in his showroom, so if he doesnt care and piaggio doesnt realise he has no stock, why should i buy anew bike from him!!. Doesnt exactly instill confidence in owning the new models, ah well theres always the new tiger 800 :whistle:

My local dealer told me about a year ago he had been to a dealer conference and the new boss at Piaggio had promised major investment in Moto Guzzi and that he was committed to re-energising the brand. I know it takes more than a year to launch proper new models, and maybe it will happen, but there is no news so far, apart from the new Cali and yet another V7 edition.

I think it is correct to have high expectations from Piaggio, and not to accept that a lacklustre model range and poor dealer coverage is ok.

Shame that no new models will be built on the back of the 2009 EICMA prototypes- I know these were not perfect production models but they promised something a bit more exciting for the future.

In the meantime, new Guzzis sit unwanted in dealers showrooms gathering dust while older models from the 1970s and 1980s are in massive demand.

My local dealer told me about a year ago he had been to a dealer conference and the new boss at Piaggio had promised major investment in Moto Guzzi and that he was committed to re-energising the brand.

That's what I heard from the dealer a year ago as well. Then I was surprised at the weekend to hear exactly the same thing from the dealer: was at a recent conference and Piaggio Guzzi were all excited about how they're about to pour millions into new models!

It may be so. :huh2:

Sounds like just the same talk though, year on year.

>> Are the dealers being led up the garden path?

If Piaggio Guzzi have been so sure for so long that fantastic new things are coming, why aren't they in a position yet to simply communicate some facts?

That may explain my local dealers reluctance to order in bikes. I know he was at a dealer conference, so his head was probably filled with new models coming in, investment etc. He is probably waiting for them rather than the showroom dust gatherers.

That may explain my local dealers reluctance to order in bikes. I know he was at a dealer conference, so his head was probably filled with new models coming in, investment etc. He is probably waiting for them rather than the showroom dust gatherers.

A couple of the dealers over here have said the same kind of thing...new things to come, apparently. We'll see. The Griso and Stelvio seem to be fine bikes. Good reviews, and all, but still I have yet to see one out and about. At least I've got my V11, which seems to get better every year on all fronts.

I think the dealers have one year to pay for them after they are delivered so they are understandably cautious, because if they can't sell a bike they have to pay for it eventually anyway. I'm guessing some of the smaller dealers may only get a bike in if there is a firm order from a customer.

I think the dealers have one year to pay for them after they are delivered so they are understandably cautious, because if they can't sell a bike they have to pay for it eventually anyway. I'm guessing some of the smaller dealers may only get a bike in if there is a firm order from a customer.

F

So what do you want to see in the future then? Terblanche's blueprint for the future or something different? I for one thought he was spot on. As far as more power - is this what MG should have its future dictated by? If so, Motus should have had GUZZI on 'em and hooked up to shaftie. MG, build me a Terblanche & sign me up!