You would, wouldn't you?

I think it looks great. Doubt I'll buy one, though.

The Norton's main appeal (in my opinion) is the fact that it looks like an old Norton. It's appealing to a purchasing base that grew up around the time that Norton got famous. Those folks have fond memories of the Norton and they would like one and here is this brand new, modern, looks-old Norton. Like 1950's hotrods did real well over here in the States until just recently. Nostalgia.

Or, as David says, it's a bike for old men. Me included- I really liked my 750 commando while I had it. :oldgit:

Absolutely :thumbsup:

Yes it is expensive, but it's a boutique bike from a small volume manufacturer. One isn't going to get Honda economy of scale pricing :rolleyes:

But if I didn't already have a "classic" air-cooled bike, and had $22k lying around, this "anachronistic" machine exactly the style of bike that would appeal to me, particularly since it would be uncommon as well.

I'll always be a fan of air-cooled, engine hanging out, minimalist bikes. Although I grew up at the tail end of that era, that kind of bike is what epitomizes a motorcycle to me, not fully faired, electronic, water cooled appliances :nerd: ....even if they are generally speaking more powerful, efficient and reliable :whistle:

al

• 3 months later...

love the new norton...awesome styling. nothing old fart about...other than the price tag. after watching this video if you dont want one...you're lying to yourself.