Morocco on Scura R? Nah! A Quota it is then

ScuRoo

Yep, extra litre each should do it...

Maybe my favourite bike shot - how's she lookin'?

We set off with guzzi engine thrummin' to the tune in our heads, 'Been thru the desert on a

horse with no name - it felt good to be outta the rain...'

P1010909.JPG

• Like 1

Getting some sand - can't stop until you get to some hard-pack.

Glen on his TDM with wide front knobblies turned into a veritable sand demon. Yeah baby!!!

It bucks, it slews, weaves & snakes, but keep the power full on & the rear comes back again...

Oh, where's Andy?

P1010911.JPG

O'kay my lovely little baby, let's remove the panniers again before the boy's heave you out!

Now, don't get me wrong, I truly did feel sorry for him.

A bit of friendly merriment never goes astray though...

P1010914.JPG

Great stuff ScuRoo :thumbsup: . To be honest I thought you were bullshittin about going to Morocco & would probably end up doing a couple laps of the M25 & a trip over the South Downs - but no you gone & did it. Good on you! Looks like you had a great time & the Quota looked after you well :thumbsup: Great choice - & brave one too. I got nothing against GS's - I have a GS80 & it's a very able bike - but you don't HAVE to have one to travel further than Sainsburys!

Great pictures & story. Thanks.

:mg::bier: KB :sun:

Love a bit of bullshit Baldini but I try to hit my balls with a straight bat!

Anyhow, at sunfall we get stuck out in the desert without anywhere appealing to camp, so as it was a lot cooler riding at night I suggested we keep riding unti we got tired...

Mile after mile until eventually we pulled into a walled compound around midnight and a gorgeous nubian girl came out of the darkness & said (in French) we could sleep there, & would we like her to prepare any food? All 3 of us were enjoying our own fantasies & then Andy asked her, 'Do you have any beer'?

'Yes' was her reply... I think we all deeply fell in love immediately.

We showered under a dripping faucet but it felt like a power shower to us - clean clothes & then sat with her father who came out & he drank beers with us. Abbas was his name.

This is what the compound looked like when we awoke the next morning.

P1010917.JPG

• Like 1

The boy's slept here & as they had earlier banned me from sleeping within earshot of 'em 'cos of me snoring, I dossed down in the big tent with dreams of tasting dark flawless skin under her flowing robes...

P1010915.JPG

So, refreshed the morning after the night before...

we prepare to set off with the assistance of a bungey or two holding down bloodied & battered panniers!

P1010919.JPG

Until 10 miles later or so the boy's needed another couple of emergency adjustments & tied down with a freakin' big tow-rope as the brackets had shat themselves completely on Glens TDM by now.

Meanwhile, the big black reliable Ortleib mockingly waited patiently in the barren sun-ravaged moonscape...

P1010920.JPG