Morocco on Scura R? Nah! A Quota it is then

ScuRoo

Being low on water we had restricted ourselves to 2 mouthfuls every time we stopped & so when we saw this in the distance we headed for this well. Hoping.

Bugger... dry as a mummified camel toe!

P1010934.JPG

Being an Aussie, I'd realized at some point earlier on we didn't have enough water - we had no margin for error - if one of us had hurt ourselves & needed someone to stay with them whilst the other went for help - we would have been in a bit of trouble I reckon.

As it was the bikes did'nt break down (irreparably) & we did'nt break any bones.

Lucky this time!

P1010939.JPG

• Like 1

So, we came outta the desert to some dusty mud buildings onto a solitary tarmac road & a nice newish petrol station literally 100 metres away.

Check out all the stickers of various tours over the years. Shame we did'nt have one of our own to stick on.

P1010948.JPG

After tossing down 3 Fanta's followed by 3 Cokes & interspersed with mouthfuls of water we sat bemused as a blue helicopter flew in & landed over the road. About 10 mins later a group of Can-Am riders turned up - 5 mins later 2 bloody great big support vehicles appeared before another larger group of 20 or so Can-Am'ers!

How to do the desert in money-no-object style!

P1010940.JPG

She was Spanish, would'nt wanna mess with her - I'd rather have the nubian desert princess.

But then again, any women looks good when you've been out in the desert...

P1010945.JPG

So we turned round & headed for Marrakesh where we stayed overnight & next day had a well deserved Hamman 'man-love' body scrub, got a few henna scorpions of an old Berber lady, walked past the restaurant that got bombed later & headed as the crow fly's North.

P1010961.JPG

Long day's in the saddle up until midnight for last 3 day's & just had to have some of Morocco's best food just one more time,

so we pulled into where we had lunch before by Volubilius & they received us with another cracking meal at midnight, shower, bed & with brekky in morning before strapping bloody panniers down again for the race to the ferry.

P1010962.JPG

No broken bones, relaxed & happy with great mates as company, heading back to our non-basic European lives once more.

Phew, & to think this was just the shortened version - 'Au revoir Maroc'!

P1010965.JPG

• Like 1

...I try to hit my balls with a straight bat...

:wacko:

Great story ScuRoo! Dunno how many others been following your escapade but I enjoyed it - & it's episodic delivery. Can't quite figure where you ended up - somewhere South of Ouarzazate I guess - did you get around Zagora or Erfoud (Erg Chebbi dunes)? Get your pilot to tell you where you've been!

Lovely that you did it on a Guzzi too - & trouble free - I don't know much about the Quota, but mighty impressive - it looks like a pretty well cared for bike - what's it's history? :thumbsup:

Thanks!

KB :bier: