I really didn't know they were filming me last weekend !

But back in the real world . . . what year / model was that ?

its a '74 LAPD Eldorado.. thats not Greg Fields bike is it?

Well, mostly a '74. It looks like it has dual disk up front and I can't tell but it might have a late model rear drive (see 2:09 or thereabouts).

I dunno if it's Greg's, but I thought that he recently put a V11 front end on his bike.

How old is this commercial. and what is it advertising? I love the Guzzi, but I can't tell what they are trying to sell.

Damn, I'm old.

It says Vanguard 2009. They are from Belgium/ Netherlands. They sell clothing.. As ALL great advertisements, you don't know what they are selling, then by the time the video is over you don't care. I think it's incredible....

Where did they find him a pump w/ leaded gas for his vintage Guzzi? :P:

Yeah, I know it's bad for the environment, but nothing works to power those old motors like the fuel it was designed to run on... :luigi:

The lead acts as a lubricant for the valve seating surface. A hokey-pokey way of lubrication, but it started back when the atmosphere was just something to breathe.

You can purchase enough addatives to help replace what is now removed from fuels to where you can run vintage iron.

The lead acts as a lubricant for the valve seating surface. A hokey-pokey way of lubrication, but it started back when the atmosphere was just something to breathe.

You can purchase enough addatives to help replace what is now removed from fuels to where you can run vintage iron.

BZZZT!

Nice try, but unfortunately, incorrect. The removal of lead from fuel revealed a need for different valve seat material, but that was a by-product that had never been accounted for, not the reason lead was added to fuel. And by "lead," I'm talking about the octane booster tetra-ethyl lead [hence, the nickname "ethyl" for high octane gas, vs. "regular" for the standard grade.]

And modern octane boosters don't work anywhere near as well as a shot of avgas 100LL ["Low Lead" here is a relative term: 100LL has much more TE-lead in it than any road-going version of gasoline ever had...] All of which is great for those of us w/ Guzzi's w/o a cat in the pipe. ;)

Yeah, good memories with this one...

Last year one of my mates from Holland actually won a 14 day trip with this clothing brand... and asked me to join him! So yes I did the Vanguard Nomadic experience which was awesome!!!

To bad we had to make do with Harley's :-)

But boy did I enjoy that trip!

Cheers

Jasper