Enzo Replica Donkey Kong©

enzo temko

Found the trouble. One of the heavy magnets that surround the spinning armature had fallen off. It jammed up the works. Time for a new starter.

Since I remember this being a problem back when I had my '77 BMW R100S, I was wondering, is the back of the magnet a smooth radius, or is it 'wavy". The thing I seem to remember was the smooth radius'ed ones came loose because of the differing expansion rates of the magnet vs. the starter case, and that Valeo began putting several "humps" on the back of the magnet to allow for some movement. :nerd::huh2:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Question: What direction does the flywheel turn on our Guzzi? If you are sitting on the bike (or from a place behind the bike) and could look down in front of you to see the flywheel, what direction is it spinning? I think it goes counter-clockwise from this perspective (which is also clockwise as seen from the front of the bike looking toward the rear). Is this right?

Yep.

That's only in the northern hemisphere. South of the equator, the lumpen so-called fly wheel spins the other way.

s+PiN ≥ 2y /H20 - XOX = Coriolis Force

MG never factored this into their engineering :homer: , so the springs keep breaking (see Tech Topics, How To, FAQ etc for proof).

The same natural physics are responsible for the phenomenal speed of the West Cal Guzzi: it has a head start over our northerly barbarian bikes, as the equatorial middle-earth is turning at 1,040 miles per hour.

The very same natural physics also determine that Enzo is onto a loser trying to balance his throttle bodies – unless he only rides the Donkey in a vertical direction from South to North, or alternatively, form North to South. Any lateral deviation will mean that one side of the Donkey is further away from the equator than the other and so the air entering either TB will be moving at different speeds and be at different pressures – all exacerbated by the fitting of custom gargantuan collector appendages to the TBs.

A solution may be to plumb whichever is the far-side gargantuan air probe directly into the muffler outlet. That would compensate for any disproportion in air speed and pressure. In practice, a real-world approach would need to be taken, linking the inlet-outlet on whichever side would be statistically most in a northerly position on any given trip.

Interesting theory BFG. I wonder if it might explain the absence of Donkey Dong data recently? Is it possible that Enzo unwittingly misjudged his lateral trajectory, & at fantastic speed, created a cereberal vortex so powerful that it sucked it's creator into oblivion?

KB :sun:

TheSoundBarrier4sm.jpg

Gracious! Heaven forfend.

Could such a thing even be possible?

Let me consult the abacus frame, or, 'calculating table'.

Question: What direction does the flywheel turn on our Guzzi? If you are sitting on the bike (or from a place behind the bike) and could look down in front of you to see the flywheel, what direction is it spinning? I think it goes counter-clockwise from this perspective (which is also clockwise as seen from the front of the bike looking toward the rear). Is this right?

Yep.

That's only in the northern hemisphere. South of the equator, the lumpen so-called fly wheel spins the other way.

s+PiN ≥ 2y /H20 - XOX = Coriolis Force

MG never factored this into their engineering :homer: , so the springs keep breaking (see Tech Topics, How To, FAQ etc for proof).

The same natural physics are responsible for the phenomenal speed of the West Cal Guzzi: it has a head start over our northerly barbarian bikes, as the equatorial middle-earth is turning at 1,040 miles per hour.

The very same natural physics also determine that Enzo is onto a loser trying to balance his throttle bodies – unless he only rides the Donkey in a vertical direction from South to North, or alternatively, form North to South. Any lateral deviation will mean that one side of the Donkey is further away from the equator than the other and so the air entering either TB will be moving at different speeds and be at different pressures – all exacerbated by the fitting of custom gargantuan collector appendages to the TBs.

A solution may be to plumb whichever is the far-side gargantuan air probe directly into the muffler outlet. That would compensate for any disproportion in air speed and pressure. In practice, a real-world approach would need to be taken, linking the inlet-outlet on whichever side would be statistically most in a northerly position on any given trip.

Don't forget as well as water going down the plughole the opposite way (down here) we also have massive ozone holes which undoubtedly Guzzi didn't factor into their fueling calculations and 02 sensors for the 03 model Coffer Sport. Things are pretty screwed up down here...recently a flippin Emperor penguin swam up from the Antarctic and made himself at home on the beach here. If that's not proof of the above theory well I'll be buggered.

...the pinguin here in Holland too.

It costs 50k Euro

The Holland pinkyin is seriously off-topic.

I blame Enzo for any deviation. It was Enzo who introduced animals to the Forum.

Besides, I think that the topic reads better if you substitute the word 'penguin' for 'filter' or 'air intake'. it kinda helps make sense of what has now become known as 'the Australian (penguin) Incident' too - and the strange disappearance of Pete Roper.

This is a little dull and non-sensical:

Here is a little more on the Enzo Replica Donkey Kong© air intakes for the V11.

I'm surprised we haven't given much attention to air intake. The stock air box is just too small. And then, everyone else simply throws on a handy foam filter. Why? Because 'everyone else does'©. It is mass-delusion. It is not 'thinking out of the envelope©.' The filter here has been replaced by a much larger K&N. I'll have to get a newer photo up of that to show you. But, of course, your eyes are drawn to (and mesmerized by) the long velocity stack! Note its strong masculine presence. That is another benefit for some of you fellas. The position of the filter is very positive for much higher air pressure and cooler temperature. The moving air wraps around the bike and leg of the rider and directly onto the air filter. Much better than its usual location directly behind the massive cylinder just a couple inches away. The air here is pressurized and cool.

There really haven't been that many nice mods for the V11 besides the Ghezzi and Brian boys. I have Roper's Bed Pan© in the oil sump, but it doesn't really do anything if you are not pulling wheelies. I can't say I recommend it, but it didn't cost anything and it is not hurting anything. A great mod for this bike are the Wiseco high compression pistons, which are also in this Raptor©. I wonder why a smart person hasn't tried to make something for this machine. People sometimes mock my design ideas with the exhaust pipe and headers I designed - or the Donkey Kong© - or the bold modification to the frame. But the proof is in the pudding. This IS the 'fastest Guzzi on the West Coast.' And, without doubt it is also 'The best handling Guzzi on the West Coast.

But

On the other hand:

"Here is a little more chickenfeed on the Enzo Replica Penguins. I'm surprised we haven't given much attention to avians. The stock bird is just too small. And then, everyone else simply throws a pointy hat on it. Why? Because 'everyone else does'©. It is mass-delusion. It is not 'thinking out of the hen house©.' The turkey here has been replaced by a much larger penguin. (That's evolution, folks.) I'll have to get a newer photo up of that to show you. But, of course, your eyes are drawn to (and mesmerized by) the long penguin stack! Note its meaty presence. Should make for good eating, eh? That is another benefit for some of you fellas. The position of the giant penguins is very positive for much higher air pressure and cooler temperature. The moving air wraps around the bike and leg of the rider and directly onto the penguins. Much better than its usual location directly behind the massive cooking cylinder just a couple inches away. The air here is pressurized and cool, which is how penguins like it.

There really haven't been that many nice Mods for the V11 Forum besides the Ghezzi and Brian boys. That's probably a good job, 'cos I have Roper's body in the oil sump - but it doesn't really do anything if you are not pulling birds. I can't say I recommend it, but it didn't cost anything and it is not hurting anyone, apart from Roper.

A great mod for this bike are the Wiseco rubber chickens. I wonder why a smart person hasn't tried to make something for this machine: so far it's only been Roper. People sometimes mock my bird-brain ideas with the ostrich wings and head I designed - or the Dodo Donkey©. But the proof is in the stuffed pigeon. This IS 'The Fatest Roper on the West Coast Menu.' And, without doubt it is also 'The Tastiest'. Sorry, did I digress there? I'm hungry."[/more-or_less_quote]