Enzo Replica Donkey Kong©

enzo temko

Yes, we have seen this story of the pinguin here in Holland too.

It costs 50k Euro to bring the animal back to his own habitat. :thumbsup:

Yes. To make a short story long, early British Antarctic explorers were keen to investigate the anomalies present in the southern hemisphere and carried out a number of (often fatal) experiments with Emperor Penguins. The picture here shows Clissold (the expedition cook) tethering a penguin, which presumably was used for the baffles on the expedition tractor. If you doubt this, then there are pictures to prove. Just ask. Sir edmund Hilarry continued the experimentation later in the '50s on Massey Fergusson clissold&penguin.jpg used in his expedition. MotoGuzzi, being in the tractor business, were no doubt keen to utilise the technology, but the British must have been reluctant to pass this industrial information on at the time.

Explains the fueling difficulties on my V11. :oldgit:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Galax, for your own good you need to go back a few years in the Tech Topics forum and study the discussions on the double vortex bi-wired fuel line adaptions to the Infamously sneaky V11 fuel tank. Without doubt you will be able to trace your fueling problems to this design issue. Mostly, fuel gathers in the unusable rear side corner of the fuel tank where it becomes, by definition, unusable. This inevitably leads to problems. Fortunately the Forum can propose one or two super-scientific solutions. However I'm not aware of any trials outside the State of California (where the theories originated) therefore, due to the reverse vortex situation occasioned by the under-equator upside-down hemisphere region, you may need to reverse your tank. once you carry out that modification, your V11 can be deemed, to all intents and purposes, to be a Donkey Kong. Please report back on the speed increases that will inevitably result.

Erm, just a thought... as you're experiencing problems... did you at any point install a Roper body in your sump?

That's food for thought! The fuel tank certainly does look reversible. To maintain comfort however I will glue sheepskin pads on as there will be no scallop for the knees. Re your comment re the roper sloper no I haven't tried, I am a bit suspicious however that the extra oil capacity & associated weight will inhibit the ability to wheelie freely. Further to my discussion re the anomalies present in the southern hemisphere it appears there WAS collaboration post WW2 between the Italians and British. I uncovered this pic of a Riley-Bugatti prototype trialled here in 1949. The intakes are well hidden in this picture (as you would expect) but you can see the path the Brits and Italians were trying to take in resolving the vortex effect. I guess they were worried by a resurgent US and Harley making inroads into the scooter market. As you say the Californians were well ahead of the rest of the world in resolving fuelling difficulties. Bugatti I think were related to Moto Guzzi, Berlessconi's (present Italianl PM) mother in law had shares in the company back then. Piaggio can trace their roots back to Bugatti as well then. Makes you look at your V11 with different eyes!

bugatti hybrid.jpg