2000 V11 Sport body work question

jetmech1990

Hi all just joined and am looking at purchasing a 2000 V11 Sport. It has a carbon fiber fairing, front fender, and starter cover. Was this an option for that year or aftermarket? Looks nice, but I think I like the silver better. I have looked and seems like NOS parts to replace these are scarce. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi all just joined and am looking at purchasing a 2000 V11 Sport. It has a carbon fiber fairing, front fender, and starter cover. Was this an option for that year or aftermarket? Looks nice, but I think I like the silver better. I have looked and seems like NOS parts to replace these are scarce. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Mike, take a look on eBay, there is a beautiful silver Le Mans Sport for sale right now...

Good luck!!

Hi Mike and welcome to the group. The carbon fiber fairing, front fender,side and starter panels were available from the MG factory. They may have been standard on a few of the special models. Have you tried a dealer for NOS parts? I bet they would be expensive but they might still be available. If you can live with used parts keep an eye on ebay and the classified section of this site. You could also post to the Wanted section of the classifieds here. I bet there are some silver Sport owners who either have the parts you want or they might be up for a trade.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

I agree the factory color parts look the best but, the colored starter cover will break, the carbon fiber will not. I have a 2000 green and have had two starter covers crack and break off. the nuts were not over tightened and they never got hit the vibration and maybe the age caused then to break, stronger carbon fiber starter cover all the way.. Most Guzzi owners even if selling are a different class of people they will most likely be very honest and concerned about the bikes next home. They will probably tear up when you ride off with their ex girl friend.. Not kidding.. Good Luck!!!

Most Guzzi owners even if selling are a different class of people they will most likely be very honest and concerned about the bikes next home. They will probably tear up when you ride off with their ex girl friend.. Not kidding.. Good Luck!!!

My bike's name is Gretchen, and I really thought her previous owner was going to cry when I left. Seriously, he was really emotional about it. After a few hundred miles on her I can understand why.

There were no body panels available in 2000 besides the body color plastics. Yes, they crack. And, yes, even without overtightening the fasteners. I'm thinking cf panels came along in 2001 for the Rosso Mandello.

I have reinforced the underside of my side covers and starter cover with fiberglass. The cracks are still visible, but stable. I see my front fender needs some of the same treatment, but I haven't got round to that yet. (Then there is The Tank . . .)

Notably, the problem was well known to Guzzi in the day. During my three year warranty, they gave me new side covers and a starter cover. The dealer made me promise not to install them!

Pretty soon they'll be worth more than the bike itself!:unsure:

There is an after market cf starter cover sometimes found on ebay for about $80 think i need to find one my green cover is missing a big chunk. I think a cf or black starter cover blends better with the motor and looks better anyway..

Mike

I have a 2000 sport with the 4-cf parts. They are:

1. Fairing

2. Front Fender

3. Starter Cover

4. Gauge holder

I was told this was a MG packaged option and a pre-cursor to what they were going to add to the RM in 2001. I was told this was a bit more than a $1,000 upgrade. I do not disagree with you, I would actually prefer the color matched parts instead.

Bob

I have them on my bike. They had faded to a matte finish...... I had a buddy spray them with CLEAR....... OMG ! They look sacred now..........

p.s. The starter cover has grommets/metal bushings with acorn nuts holding it on... If they are not used you will have problems.