vii sport vs ducati multi 1000ds

ridon29

......but its not fast.In fact its light years way from fast...

I'm sure you're right, I said it was reasonably brisk above 6k - who said it was "fast"?.

Original poster was asking after a bike easy to ride slowly & as you say the V11 is that & more.

Anyhow re. fast - it ain't what you got, it's what you do with it...

KB :sun:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine goes smooth and easy from 2000/2500 up to the limiter, so it could be exactly your bike. It has a stiff driveshaft and a flywheel worth its name. That makes the difference to the Ducatis, those sporting a "rubber like" chain combined with a low inertia engine.

You'll like the V11, go for it.

Hubert

I just bought one!

I just bought one!

If you have stock pipes, put on a pair of Mistral reverse cone mufflers. They sound fantastic and they are the best looking pipes for the V11, in my opinion.

Ok thanks for that tip.

CARBON WRAP CANS HAVE BEEN FITTED ALONG WITH A NEW CROSSOVER UNIT WHICH DOES AWAY WITH THE STANDARD COLLECTOR BOX SYSTEM ,AND ALLOWS THE ENGINE TO BREATHE BETTER,AND ALSO ENHANCES PERFORMANCE. so runs the advert.

I just bought one!

It isn't Belfast's old bike is it? After that story about how he never changed the driveshaft oil and ran it through the shrimp cocktail....well....nevermind.

Dunno what you mean by "slow". V11 is a very relaxing bike to ride - on any open road you can stick it in top, stay off the brakes & do a good pace on very little throttle. I'm not suggesting lugging it with big throttle at low revs, just steady throttle at anything above 3k, enough to keep it rolling along, bike is happy, & makes good progress. Just keep everything real smooth, & you'll want to ride it all day. For decent acceleration, nip it down a couple gears & it's good too: you get two bikes for price of one - above 6k it's reasonably brisk. I never rode the multistrada, but older Ducatis I've ridden felt revvy compared with Guzzis.

But V11's not a lugger like a Harley & not great in slow traffic.

KB :sun:

I guess I mean around 80hp and 225kg in weight slow.I love my V11 sport but even for a 52yo its a long way from what a "sports" motorcycle is considered to be today.

Its just a big lazy GT type of bike for mine....a relaxing ride,and I like that,but its not fast.In fact its light years way from fast.

Compare it to a modern "sports bike" such as my 1198s at 165kg and 170hp at the wheel or my GSXR1000 track bike and that is my yardstick for fast.

Both of the latter are to much engine for the road in reality but they are the modern yardstick for "fast".

Grab a handful of throttle in 4th gear at 80klm/hr on the 1198 and that thing just launches you at the horizon at a rate that you wouldn't believe unless you experienced it.

But like I said the V11 is an enjoyable ride and I love it because it is so sedate.

Ciao

Heh, yes, the V11 is definitely a yawner. No comparison to the Multi. I have both. The V11 is a turtle. Your bikes are way faster than mine. I own two ZRX Kawis and the Multi. I'm still wondering why I have the Guzzi.

I just bought one!

Where/how did you find it?

On Ebay in England. Collecting on Saturday.

I bought mine (new) in England: they are very seldom for sale here, very rare. There was a burgundy one locally a couple of years ago.

Hmm, this thread prompted me to take my Ducati ST4s out for a ride.

Conclusion: I like them both. The V11 is set up for sport-touring, so the V11 and Duc do the same job, but in different ways. I wouldn't say the V11 is exactly sedate, but it certainly doesn't have the raw horsepower that the Duc has. The V11 has better, or at least more usable, torque and it has an equal grin factor. Both have been trouble free as long as I've had them.

The Duc has a more red paint job and the tires leak air more slowly.

Hmm, this thread prompted me to take my Ducati ST4s out for a ride.

Conclusion: I like them both. The V11 is set up for sport-touring, so the V11 and Duc do the same job, but in different ways. I wouldn't say the V11 is exactly sedate, but it certainly doesn't have the raw horsepower that the Duc has. The V11 has better, or at least more usable, torque and it has an equal grin factor. Both have been trouble free as long as I've had them.

The Duc has a more red paint job and the tires leak air more slowly.

Not trying to get into a "who's got the biggest d*ck" thing here but believe me an ST4s is a nice quiet little tourer compared to an 1198s.Not bagging the ST but the 1198 (mines got a full Titanium system and Microtech ECU)is a bit of an animal and to much for a road bike really.The ST would be a much better thing to ride day to day.

I love riding the V11,cant really explain it but I do.

Ciao

I just bought one!

Where/how did you find it?

On Ebay in England. Collecting on Saturday.

I bought mine (new) in England: they are very seldom for sale here, very rare. There was a burgundy one locally a couple of years ago.

Was that the one in Drumbo? I looked at that but did not buy then. The one I am buying is also burgundy, seems in excellent condition... no flaking paint etc and low miles 14K

Mine goes smooth and easy from 2000/2500 up to the limiter, so it could be exactly your bike. It has a stiff driveshaft and a flywheel worth its name. That makes the difference to the Ducatis, those sporting a "rubber like" chain combined with a low inertia engine.

You'll like the V11, go for it.

Hubert

I went for it .... it is great!

Richard

I'm glad/relieved you like it. Despite being great bikes they don't work for everyone, can't say why.

Quite recently, in a German forum, a former forum well known problem V11 reapeared with a new owner - who just loves it. The PO gave it away for getting closer to a SLK Convertible.

Hubert