My clutch hand is knackered

GraeV11

My clutch hand is officially 'knackered' (My consultant used longer words). Repeatedly pulling the clutch in now causes me lots of pain and apparently it will not get better any time soon, if ever. I do have a good thumb though ! Has anybody out there made a mod to their controls that provides a way of engaging the clutch in new and interesting ways ? I am starting to think about a 'push' lever for my thumb but would be grateful to hear other suggestions. I am not ready for a 'twist and go' moped!

Cheers

G

Years ago my one armed mate had the clutch lever positioned below the front brake lever. He managed everything well. Not sure how he worked the clutch and front brake together though the clutch and throttle was no problem to manipulate. :bike:

There must be loads of peopple in the same position, so there's bound to be a solution :thumbsup:

Years ago my one armed mate had the clutch lever positioned below the front brake lever. He managed everything well. Not sure how he worked the clutch and front brake together though the clutch and throttle was no problem to manipulate. :bike:

There must be loads of peopple in the same position, so there's bound to be a solution :thumbsup:

Maybe a foot clutch and electronic shifter would work?

Lots of advice/ideas here

My clutch hand is officially 'knackered' (My consultant used longer words). Repeatedly pulling the clutch in now causes me lots of pain and apparently it will not get better any time soon, if ever. I do have a good thumb though ! Has anybody out there made a mod to their controls that provides a way of engaging the clutch in new and interesting ways ? I am starting to think about a 'push' lever for my thumb but would be grateful to hear other suggestions. I am not ready for a 'twist and go' moped!

Cheers

G

Please explain your ailment and we can take that into consideration whe giving you advice............

Too bad the Guzzi automatic shown at a show around 2003 was only a concept. I think it was electric shifted but I can't find any references to it now on the web. I do remember seeing the photo though.

CVT adapted from some small urban car? Don't forget, the Guzzi v-twin started life as a power-up test mule in the original FIAT 500... ;)

Electric-, air- or vacuum-shifter adapted from the drag racing set?

Google "handicapped motorcycles" & see what comes up: I know there are several folks out there doing mods for disabled riders; someone *must* have gone down this path before...

Then there's always the uber-scooter option of the SuziQ 650 Burgman... :bike:

Cheers

G

Please explain your ailment and we can take that into consideration whe giving you advice............

I have arthritis

Maybe a foot clutch and electronic shifter would work?

Lots of advice/ideas here

Thanks for the leads. I will follow them up and let you know how I get on. Cheers.

Cheers

G

I have arthritis

Do you know anything about treating arthritis with honey bee stings?

Hello,

I wonder if going with a radial clutch master cylinder IF the needed clutch lever hand strength could possible be reduced. If it works for brakes, it should work for the clutch end of it.

Just a thought to keep you riding :race: ,

Mike

Cheers

G

I have arthritis

Do you know anything about treating arthritis with honey bee stings?

No but I will research it. Just had a steriod injection in my wrist joint and bee stings must be a less painful option!

Cheers