starter relay

ridon29

2002 v11 sport. Bike broke down & would not restart. It was suggested that the starter relay was at fault. I swaped the relays over and bike started & lights dont work... so it is definitely the relay. Problem is I can't get one. It is 4 pin Siemens A1001-A402 the other side reads V23074 PA66-GF25. any help most welcome. The bike cut out as I was joining the M way after having cut out several times before that day only this time it could not be coaxed back to life. If i can't get this relay, could I use another and wire it in with cable and spade connectors?

Regards ridon29

small relay 3.jpg

http://www.dpguzzi.com/relay.htm , this is where to get them he sends international quick and efficient although if you search micro relay on ebay/ cpc/ rs components/google you will find them. don't go for one with a diode as they can cause problems, resistor is fine.

Thanks for that rs are out until feb next year

Problem is I can't get one. It is 4 pin Siemens A1001-A402 the other side reads V23074 PA66-GF25. any help most welcome.

As someone else pointed out, get a full complement of replacements from Dan: no point to getting a 4 pin when the relay block will accept the 5-pin units Dan sells and they're better than the cr@p Siemens units that come with the bike.

2002 v11 sport. Bike broke down & would not restart. It was suggested that the starter relay was at fault. I swaped the relays over and bike started & lights dont work... so it is definitely the relay. Problem is I can't get one. It is 4 pin Siemens A1001-A402 the other side reads V23074 PA66-GF25. any help most welcome. The bike cut out as I was joining the M way after having cut out several times before that day only this time it could not be coaxed back to life. If i can't get this relay, could I use another and wire it in with cable and spade connectors?

Regards ridon29

I alway use these people . . .

www.stein-dinse.com

Recently ordered relays from them, they arrived with me in 5 working days.

In North America a good source is

www.digikey.com

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/G8HN-1C2T-R%20DC12/Z2247-ND/765512

Use all 5 pin variety and keep the old ones for projects such as Headlight relays, heated clothing switched supply etc

Roy

A little more reasonable from here Micro relays Scroll down. Can't remember if they had the diode in though.

Mine are still going strong after replacement :rolleyes:

edit - BTW this supplier is excellent for all wiring and plug products. Have a wander round and see how much Guzzi applicable gear is there

• 4 years later...

Dumb question - assuming I purchase a few of the GEI AR4-012-C11 Relays as suggested above, will it work for all 5 Relays on the bike?  That's what seems to be implied, but I read on another thread where someone temporarily messed up their electrics because they inadvertently mixed up the order of their Relays when they removed and re-installed them.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure on that GEI number. The one I see is

G8HN-1C2T-R DC12

These are all 5-pin and will fit in any position.

(+ 1 on what Kiwi_Roy says below: position one is the only that requires a 5-pin, but having all 5-pins lets you swap them around if needed.)

• Like 1

Just a reminder YOU MUST have a 5 pin in the start position, the Normally Closed 5th pin powers the headlight relay which powers the charging regulator.

If you find yourself 1 relay short relay 3 can be jumped out by stuffing a wire into the socket from 30 to 87   (30 to 87A on some models), just look in the socket and see where the contacts are

----

----

|  |  |    87A is the middle one

You can also jumper the start relay 30 to 87 and the bike should crank just make sure you get power back to 87A once it's running or again the battery will go flat. (Unless you have an after market direct connected regulator)

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies gents.

I ordered my GEI Relays from Pyro Dan (Design Tech Engineering) last night - five for $16.50 including shipping. The GEI AR4-012-C11 number is correct and Dan confirmed it will work for all five plugs.

I will report back if there are any issues with them

G8HN-1C2T-R DC12

(+ 1 on what Kiwi_Roy says below: position one is the only that requires a 5-pin, but having all 5-pins lets you swap them around if needed.)

Thanks for your replies gents.

I ordered my GEI Relays from Pyro Dan (Design Tech Engineering) last night - five for $16.50 including shipping. The GEI AR4-012-C11 number is correct and Dan confirmed it will work for all five plugs.

I will report back if there are any issues with them

G8HN-1C2T-R DC12

Sheesh - I misread. The number I posted is OMRON (rather than GEI, which is clearly posted). :blush:

PyroDan is a great guy and a solid part of the Guzzi community.  :thumbsup: