Merry Christmas

Van

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year !!

To all those Guzzista out there, have a great, safe, warm and dry holiday season. This site and the people on it have been a pleasure to be associated with since I got my Tenni. Well, for the most part anyway. Being a Tenni owner you always have to put up with the snipes and barbs flung at us by a certain Scura rider from Belfast who shall remain nameless. I always put it down to jealousy and plain sour grapes as Tenni riders are very secure in the knowledge that their bikes are special and don’t need to be seen on black bikes to prove how studly we are…..we just are!

Long time members might remember that I wrote about my son being so badly hurt on our annual bike trip in California back in ’08. Thankfully he survived the accident but was in critical condition with the probability of being paralyzed and severely handicapped for a long time. During that time we got cards and letters of support from so many of you on the site. To know that there were others out there who had gone through trauma and survived and gotten stronger was a huge help to me in coping with and dealing with what he was going through. A very sincere and heartfelt thank you. Since his accident my son Tom has gone from strength to strength and is now to the point where he is able to live independently and is even going to college. His next hurdle is regaining his licence and getting an adapted vehicle. Miracles do happen!

After the accident I continued to ride but enjoyed it less and less. Having my ridding buddy broken while I was out just didn’t sit well and I surprised everyone who knows me by letting #125 go to a good friend who apart from a broken pawl spring, has had many good and fast miles on it. Funny, I don’t miss it as much as I thought I would. What I do miss is the camaraderie and the “coolness” of having a bike and hanging with like minded people. Always a good bunch you bike riders!

Anyway, to all you V11 and associated riders out there, you have been a great bunch, friendly, welcoming, very helpful technically, and super supportive. I just wanted to say farewell and thank you to all out there. I’ll still check in and read with delight the stuff that comes out of some of you…..even that Belfast guy

So to all you Guzzista, Thanks, and thanks to Jaap for the great site,

Ride safe, far and fast and above all, enjoy!!

Cheers,

Van

Good to hear from you again! I can fully understand why you sold the bike. I hope I will never be in a similar situation, but if I would be, I think I would have done the same.

Great to hear your son is doing better and better. From what I remember he was seriously injured. Send him my best.

If you ever have the need for some comradery and being amongst cool bikers, just log in here. Don't be a stranger.

And thank you for your help on the forum! :notworthy:

I wish you a merry Xmas and a very happy 2012 too!

Van, glad to hear your son is on the mend. Don't be surprised if you start to get the itch for another V11. I sold my Rosso Corsa and a year later just had to have a Coppa. Don't worry though. just go with the flow.

Van, glad to hear your son is on the mend. Don't be surprised if you start to get the itch for another V11. I sold my Rosso Corsa and a year later just had to have a Coppa. Don't worry though. just go with the flow.

Thanks all for the warm wishes! A good bunch you Guzzista.

I decided long ago that of all the bikes out there the one I REALLY always wanted was a big block Guzzi. After getting and enjoying my Tenni so much, I don't think there is any other bike out there that has that rare combination of style, performance and cool factor like the V11's do. Not to mention the best exhuast burble/OMG-that sounds soooo good at full song as a V11 with pipes does. If I do ever get back in the sadle again it would definatly be another big Goose, (although that supercharged GL 1000 goldwing, the real bike, not thr lux-o-barger, done up as a cafe racer is damn cool). Next though it would probably be something that I could play with and customise.

Cheers,

Van