Seen the Barbacane Stelvio motard yet?

belfastguzzi

moto-guzzi-stelvio.jpg

Oh and there's that other V Twin. Shoulda held onto yours

1978-honda-cx500.jpg

and another 850-ish T5-ish

moto-guzzi.jpg

Love the return to the "round fin" jugs. Of course, this new genre all have 1.8 litre fuel tanks . . .:rolleyes:

Makes me want an old round fin to have my way with . . . :sun:

Love the return to the "round fin" jugs. Of course, this new genre all have 1.8 litre fuel tanks . . .:rolleyes:

Makes me want an old round fin to have my way with . . . :sun:

Ah, yes. 0-60 within an afternoon.....

Seriously, the round fins aren't too bad, but they are full of noise and blustering, without compromising a lack of performance. I love them still with a '74 Eldo and a several early '80's G5s and SP3s. The biggest advantage of this era is comfort. These old bikes, although slow by today's standards, are so darn comfortable that you can ride them all day. Several days if you are young.

...round fins aren't too bad, but they are full of noise and blustering, without compromising a lack of performance....

TOSH!!!WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP!!! :bbblll:

A decent roundhead is a happy thing & I'm happy to ride mine all day long in modern traffic & with modern bikes....well that is, if it was going...which it isn't...but then neither is anything else...

A good LM 1/11-type roundfin is still surprisingly capable on the road or even on the track.

KB :sun:

• 2 months later...

I'm not a fan of any of those bikes but I have seen some nice CX cafe bikes. Cafe Racer magazine has a tv show here in the USA. A few years ago they featured a CX500 build in one episode. As I was watching it I couldn't see how the builder was going to turn the CX, which was set up as a tourer, into a decent looking cafe bike. I expected a real hack job like a few other bikes that had been on that show. I was wrong. I think the builder, Greg Hageman, did a fantastic job with a crappy bike. IMO it looks real good and probably goes OK too since he removed a bunch of weight.

Screen-Shot-2011-09-27-at-10.03.08-AM.png

Here's a link to the builder's website: http://docschops.net/

TOSH!!!WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP!!! :bbblll:

A decent roundhead is a happy thing & I'm happy to ride mine all day long in modern traffic & with modern bikes....well that is, if it was going...which it isn't...but then neither is anything else...

A good LM 1/11-type roundfin is still surprisingly capable on the road or even on the track.

KB :sun:

ooh, I found a button!

Seriously, Keith- I know some of them go pretty well. As I said, I have a G5/SP/Eldo and the like. Not known for blistering performance...but they won't cause blisters either.

A decent roundfin IS a happy thing.