Paging Keith Baldini and other Poms.....

pete roper

Anybody up for a beer in last half of Feb/ First half of March?

Jude and I are flying in for a month, mostly doing our 'Historical Research' BS on Roman and early Medieval Britain, ('Cos we're sad. Could be worse. We could be bird-wachers!!!!) but we're very gregarious and as Keith will tell you I can talk the ears off a field of corn! Jude is good at keeping me in check mind!!!! :D

Pete

Pete I'll be in the Glasgow area March 12-18th.May go over to the western highlands for an overnight to sample single malt Oban's :thumbsup:

Although the Romans were wise not to venture too far north of Hadrian's wall.There are some Roman ruins from a (brief) settlement on Knoydart in the north WH's,amazing stuff!

Pete I'll be in the Glasgow area March 12-18th.May go over to the western highlands for an overnight to sample single malt Oban's :thumbsup:

Although the Romans were wise not to venture too far north of Hadrian's wall.There are some Roman ruins from a (brief) settlement on Knoydart in the north WH's,amazing stuff!

scottish meeting gents PM me

Is high summer in Oz so dreadful you'd trade it for winter in England? What's gone wrong between your ears, Pete? :rolleyes:

:lol:

Nah, it's just we got a iller deal on 2 for the price of 1 biznizz class fares and have enough frequent flier pointsto upgrade to 1st on the A380 both ways. It was just too good to go past. First on th A380 is pretty schmick. I've done it from LA to Sydney before. You'd never PAY for it but as an upgrade its great. When you get off the plane you really hit the ground running, virtually no jet-lag to speak of.

Pete

It will give him a good sense of why the Romans left.

Ha ha Sicily or Orkney in the winter,hmm which,which one?

Glencoe is pretty spectacular in all seasons though :thumbsup:

Ha ha Sicily or Orkney in the winter,hmm which,which one?

Glencoe is pretty spectacular in all seasons though :thumbsup:

As places to freeze and starve to death go, Glencoe has earned its place in history, alas - but if you're well wrapped in modern kit and have a ticket out of there, it is feckin' gorgeous.

That the Romans never made it that far may suggest some basic common sense - or, then again, a pre-modern sense of aesthetics and a shortage of good ancient motorcycle dealers.

Jude and I are flying in for a month, mostly doing our 'Historical Research' BS on Roman and early Medieval Britain, ('Cos we're sad. Could be worse. We could be bird-wachers!!!!) but we're very gregarious and as Keith will tell you I can talk the ears off a field of corn! Jude is good at keeping me in check mind!!!! :D

Pete

Get youself up North Pete, the Romans did have the odd foray up here, Pontius Pilate was reputedly born near Fortingall Perthshire, being a Perthshire man most of my life its one of the claims to fame of the area (and little known outside here). Of course we all say we knew Pontius before he was a Pilate!

Pontius

• 2 weeks later...

Pete, Check your pm's. Contact me before you leave Oz! Keith

Sorry, Keith. I was stupid-busy before I left. We're in York now. As I said in my (Late!) Reply to your msg I'll ive you a call as soon as Jude's phone is working.

Pete