V11 Le Mans fuel lines, which one goes where?

Dazguzzi

Hi, i have a 2004 V11 Le Mans and have removed the fuel tank. I marked the fuel lines before undoing the quick release couplings so know which pipe goes to which tank coupling.

My question is this ,I honestly thought one of these pipes was a fuel return pipe from the injectors but out of curiosity,i have traced the lines and they simply seem to go to each respective throttle body. Would it actually matter if in the future the lines were coupled up to the wrong tank connector and if so what is the correct pipe coupling position ie right throttle body connected to furthermost right coupling?

Cheers Darryl

Hi, i have a 2004 V11 Le Mans and have removed the fuel tank. I marked the fuel lines before undoing the quick release couplings so know which pipe goes to which tank coupling.

My question is this ,I honestly thought one of these pipes was a fuel return pipe from the injectors but out of curiosity,i have traced the lines and they simply seem to go to each respective throttle body. Would it actually matter if in the future the lines were coupled up to the wrong tank connector and if so what is the correct pipe coupling position ie right throttle body connected to furthermost right coupling?

Cheers Darryl

The fuel circuit should go tank - pump - filter - both injectors - pressure relief valve - back to tank

On some models the pump and maybe the filter is inside the tank, on others it's bolted on under the tank.

The pressure relief valve on mine is a small unit about 1-1/2" diameter fitted to the return connection of the tank

on other bikes the relief valve somewhere in the hose between the injectors and tank.

The relief valve setting is 34 - 40 PSI

The pump circulates the fuel around as long as the engine is running

No, you can't just run one hose to each injector they can be connected Y fashion or with a hose that passes by one then the other.

Fuel Circuit.pdf

Cheers Darryl

The fuel circuit should go tank - pump - filter - both injectors - pressure relief valve - back to tank

On some models the pump and maybe the filter is inside the tank, on others it's bolted on under the tank.

The pressure relief valve on mine is a small unit about 1-1/2" diameter fitted to the return connection of the tank

on other bikes the relief valve somewhere in the hose between the injectors and tank.

The relief valve setting is 34 - 40 PSI

The pump circulates the fuel around as long as the engine is running

No, you can't just run one hose to each injector they can be connected Y fashion or with a hose that passes by one then the other.

Hi, thanks very much for that.That is pretty much what i expected as it is a similar principle to my Cali that has a fuel return pipe on the underside of the tank at the front and only one outlet from the tank.

I didn't buy the Le Mans new so just want to be certain that the fuel lines have previously been put back on the correct tank nozzle.

My Le Mans has an in tank fuel pump/filter assembly and two L shaped plastic outlets, one of which is White and marked IN and a Red one marked OUT. I can see from that that the Red outlet supplies the fuel but what i am trying to determine is which is DEFINITELY the correct pipe to go to each respective nozzle. The coupling on the injectors themselves appear identical with a Link/Balance pipe connecting them as well.

Does the RED OUTLET pipe go to the left hand throttle body or the right hand throttle body.

Cheers Darryl

Red goes to the right hand injector on mine. The drawing in the parts manual page A15 is the other way araound

I guess it is no problem to do it the other way around.

It's fuel tank out -injector - injector - fuel tank in

There is no right or wrong way, it is just a loop kept under a constant pressure. I just fit them the way that they reach the best which right to right, left to left on the bike I just checked on, but as vuzzi says the parts diagram shows the other way.

303036383005.gif

There is no right or wrong way, it is just a loop kept under a constant pressure. I just fit them the way that they reach the best which right to right, left to left on the bike I just checked on, but as vuzzi says the parts diagram shows the other way.

303036383005.gif

Brilliant, really appreciated.

Darryl

Red goes to the right hand injector on mine. The drawing in the parts manual page A15 is the other way araound

I guess it is no problem to do it the other way around.

It's fuel tank out -injector - injector - fuel tank in

Fine, that's the way mine is now. Cheers

• 1 year later...

You should remove the lines and go to an automotive parts store and ask for the matching hoses. Make sure you get the best quality and tell them it is for high pressure fuel injection hose.

The best hose for that application is expensive, and my local auto parts shops do not carry it. I found it on ebay and bought it by the foot there.

The stuff I used was Goodyear SAE30R9 hose. I found it in different sizes for between $6 & $9 a foot. It is ethanol and biodiesel rated as well as up to 150 psi.