V1100 Sport

bmw335

Been riding BMW for 12 years. Found a 2003 V1100 sport with only 7,600 miles. Seller is asking $4,500. Anything I should be looking out for? Pic's of bike look great. Seller is second owner.

Thanks,

Rich

I'll bet it's a Burgundy if it's an 03.The standard model.If it's in good shape with 7600 miles on it that's a fair deal.Look for peeling paint on engine,pawl arm and spring have been replaced and maintenance records.There can be no evidence that it was dropped as the frames dont like it.Clutch should feel smooth and strong with no grabbyness

All original,any factory aftermarket stuff?

PS Im a whore for a good deal,Id offer less with cash,but that's just cheap me,....

Most early issues were sorted by 03 but the factory did label some bikes built in 02 as 03's.Bastardis! :bbblll:

Great info here,

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5691

If you need more help PM me Im in NYC

Michael

Good luck!

Clip-ons or handlebars? Headlight mounted to the frame or to the forks? (Trying to discern if it may be a late '02/ early '03 versus the final generation.)

By the way,we generally refer to the V1100 Sport as a "V11" or "V11S" and the previous model is referred as a 1100 Sport(carbs) and 1100 Sporti(Fuel injection)to avoid confusion,FYI.But you can call it anything you like :grin:

By the way I rented a R1100 back around 2000 for a tour in California,great bike,amazing handling,but that motor had nothing above 5-6K,kept hitting the rev limiter(my fault) when making passes on the PCH.

Functional,yes.Sexy, :not: !

Been riding BMW for 12 years. Found a 2003 V1100 sport with only 7,600 miles. Seller is asking $4,500. Anything I should be looking out for? Pic's of bike look great. Seller is second owner.

Thanks,

Rich

Did you buy the bike? I also live in NJ and saw it on Craig's List. Looks nice. I own a 2001 V11 Rosso Mandello that get out and ride. Always liked the burgandy looks on the 2003. Mike

By the way,we generally refer to the V1100 Sport as a "V11" or "V11S" and the previous model is referred as a 1100 Sport(carbs) and 1100 Sporti(Fuel injection)to avoid confusion,FYI.

Aka, the V11*, the Spot** or the Sporti*** [or, in chronological order of release, the Spot, Sporti & V11 Sport.] :nerd:

* - Because that's what the factory called it, to distinguish the evolutionary updates from the previous generation sport model twin-valve 1100s.

** - Because when reading the model name written in a script font on the tail of the carb Sport, the "r" is kind of vestigial, and it is easily mis-read as "Spot 1100" instead of "Sport 1100."

*** - Because to distinquish the updated EFI Sport from the previous carb'd model, the factory changed the name to "1100 Sport i."