Argh! I am so effin pissed off ay my MG dealer! Warning Rant&#

mznyc

So my Scura has been dormant for about a year because of clutch.

I rented a garage space for project so every month the cost of the project goes up.

Find out my clutch hub is incorrect,got to order one.

Go to first dealer in US(well known here on the forum) they want list price but it'll take a week.

Euro dealer sells for much cheaper(another well known one) doesn't have it but "expected it in a week".I explain I'm under time crunch and assured week is a fair estimate.Ok,told to order online, order online.No response.Email them,next day.Their response "Uh did you order it,we cant find it",I respond yes I did,then a "Oh we found it" response.Day lost, no biggie.

8 days later,no word.I email them for status and told they will "let me know when it comes in".I take this for don't contact us we'll contact you,but say "OK".

Three weeks later I ask for status.Response,"No update".No offer of "We'll look into and get back to you",just we don't know.OK,I remind him they told me a week and will have to cancel if you cannot give me a date.Then they contact Piaggio and tell me it's out of stock with no estimate,"must a been an error with the computer".Argh!! I lost a month!!! Cancel order.

Go back to first dealer but assured it is in stock at MGNA warehouse and will take a week.Even though they are almost double in price,I order it.

Pay for it,no confirmation of order.Next day email them,"was it ordered,did you confirm it was in stock?","yes,we'll let you know when we get it".No response to the "was it in stock?" question.Oh boy here we go,...OK.

Eleven days go buy,update?

Dealer,"It didn’t show today but I have every confidence that it will show this week"

Me,"Thanks for the follow up Do you KNOW if it left the warehouse?If not could you find out? As of tomorrow we're at 13 days since I ordered this.It was expected within 7.You and I know it doesn't take two weeks to go across the country.3-5 is average,7-10 not uncommon,13 ,somethings wrong."

Finally three days later he looks in to it and,"it looks like was delayed by a train derailment on the 18th" No update we'll let you know.Great.

UPS doesn't know where the package is.OK so you would think he would say I'll order another ASAP and get one right out to you but no I get this"I just talked to a UPS rep that says the goods have not been reported as damaged and so they tell me to wait a few more days then check again"

So I suggest they have another sent so there are no more delays,and he says ,"That'll cost more" Wrong answer!!

I'm checking other dealers,if I can get it,Im cancelling....

I have no problem,with unexpected issues out of the dealers control,but when asked to do their job,making a phone call,shooting an email,the level of apathy is astounding considering the economic times and Guzzi struggling in the market.If you can;t give me a good price,at least give me professional service.Many of these emails took well over 24 hrs to get a response and few were several days.Even after it was discovered there was a problem with the suppliers.No urgency in their responses.

Sorry about the rant ,but Piaggio and MGNA have pledged that stocking parts and getting them to the customers,was of the utmost importance in the present day and coming years.My experience is not that.Nearly two months on and still in limbo,and if I'm lucky I'll have something in the next couple weeks.

Good job dealers! :drink:

I understand your frustration, I constantly see bad service from businesses of all kinds, who then blame everything else when sales fall but never think to take a look in the mirror.

Currently business is pressuring the government to introduce goods and services tax on purchases on items bought overseas over $1000 which we don't currently pay. They blame this on their poor sales figures, but the fact is it's poor service, lack of choice and large mark ups that make me buy OS

Send an email to TLM or to one of the German distributors and you'll get your parts at once. Don't wine, act!

Hubert

Ha Ha mighty wisdom from you Hubert,PM me and I'll pass on to you who the dealer in Europe was,but thought you coulda read through the lines.

If you bothered to read the post you would realize that I WAS the only person acting,while the dealers said just wait.Wasn't till my prodding they took any action.

The issue is the bike will be down for well over two months and shouldn't have been more than a couple weeks because of parts counter monkeys not doin their job.Hope you don't get shut down for most of the summer because of someone else s incompetency.

I warned you it was a rant,.....

I understand your frustration, I constantly see bad service from businesses of all kinds, who then blame everything else when sales fall but never think to take a look in the mirror.

Currently business is pressuring the government to introduce goods and services tax on purchases on items bought overseas over $1000 which we don't currently pay. They blame this on their poor sales figures, but the fact is it's poor service, lack of choice and large mark ups that make me buy OS

Yup frustration is the best way to describe it Gavo.I was taught by my family while growing up that making a promise to someone you must do everything in your power to meet that promise.Cars break down,people get sick and even dogs have been known to eat homework.Beyond acts of God,our word is one of the most important things in our life we can control.To our family,friends,children,bosses and customers.

PS Finally the dealer re-ordered the part after 45 days only because of my insistence.My guess is I'll see in 2 weeks best case scenario.Which will make the original estimate of two weeks to nearly two months.Promises <_>

Ha ha no you missed update,dealer is finally re-ordering with my insistence.I was offering to PM you to tell you who the euro dealer is as I dont want to publicly bash them.

So hopefully in 2 weeks I'll see something.

Thanks though.

Sorry to hear this. I think you have ample reason to be pissed off.

I have not experienced such bad service from a dealer, but I had a terrible experience with UPS store.

Just from the manager of the dealership and they now want to wait for Piaggio to tell them what to do,Are you kiddin me?!!! I would think would be jumping over themselves to resolve this for a return customer because of how poorly it was handled.

Hi Michael. Sorry to hear more problems you're having.

I just phoned 3 UK shops most likely to have stock & none do. One said it's showing in stock at MG Italy...other 2 said it wasn't, tho it is listed as still an available part. One offered to phone MG see what the score was.

It's the standard V11Sport twin-plate one you need, right?

Have you checked all main shops to see if any have one in stock - Agostinis in Mandello? Steine Dinse in Germany? Moto International, MG Cycle & Harpers in USA? Presuming you already tried TLM!

Sometimes emails are pretty easy to let hang, telephone can get a better response or at least gauge what's the score a bit better. I think all main European shops have English.

KB :sun:

Hi Michael. Sorry to hear more problems you're having.

I just phoned 3 UK shops most likely to have stock & none do. One said it's showing in stock at MG Italy...other 2 said it wasn't, tho it is listed as still an available part. One offered to phone MG see what the score was.

It's the standard V11Sport twin-plate one you need, right?

Have you checked all main shops to see if any have one in stock - Agostinis in Mandello? Steine Dinse in Germany? Moto International, MG Cycle & Harpers in USA? Presuming you already tried TLM!

Sometimes emails are pretty easy to let hang, telephone can get a better response or at least gauge what's the score a bit better. I think all main European shops have English.

KB :sun:

Hi Keith

That was more than generous for you to do that.Thank you. :notworthy: I have checked everybody except Agostini's.So I will.I need a standard 6-speed twin plate hub.The sad thing is that it is at the main Guzzi warehouse in the US.But the dealer doesnt want to order it again and have two orders floating around.I cant believe they and MGNA wouldnt want to get these orders out ASAP to the dealer and the customer,regardless of what complications with two orders floating out there.

Their problem,not mine.

There are some V11 clutch parts on German eBay: http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=guzzi+v11

Don't know exactly what you mean by hub, but if they don't ship worldwide, let me know.

Hi Jaap

The clutch hub is the input gear that connects the tranny to the clutch assembly.Nothing on Ebay but a complete tranny though.Unfortunately too expensive.It may prove eventually that the transmission is an 02 dog.Once I get it back together Ill know pretty quick,... :whistle:

Thanks