Well, it was a designer's pitch for new Indian branding – but why didn't he use an Indian

or did he not know what he was designing for?

Anyway, it's a bit bizarre.

Well, it was a designer's pitch for new Indian branding – but why didn't he use an Indian

Actually, I kinda like it. A far superior alternative to the selling of craptastic Brit bikes under the Indian brand back in the 50's that spelled doom for the marque due to the execrable QC on the imports.

And, lest we forget, Indian does have a history of making longitudinal air-cooled shaft drive V-twins [under a WWII US military test contract;

Actually, I kinda like it. A far superior alternative to the selling of craptastic Brit bikes under the Indian brand back in the 50's that spelled doom for the marque due to the execrable QC on the imports.

And, lest we forget, Indian does have a history of making longitudinal air-cooled shaft drive V-twins [under a WWII US military test contract;

Do you think it's maybe true??? What you're saying could make a sort of sense, Skeeve. I've no idea if Piaggio/Guzzi would do such a thing. The funny thing is that contrarily, people have said the Guzzi badge should be slapped on other makes of bike e.g. a 'Guzzi' branded Aprilia sports bike, or a scooter....

Do you think it's maybe true??? What you're saying could make a sort of sense, Skeeve. I've no idea if Piaggio/Guzzi would do such a thing. The funny thing is that contrarily, people have said the Guzzi badge should be slapped on other makes of bike e.g. a 'Guzzi' branded Aprilia sports bike, or a scooter....

Do I think Piaggio would do it, or do I think Polaris [the current owners of the Indian nameplate, iirc] would do it? Piaggio would do it if it made sense from an economies of scale [produce more small blocks = lower cost for all small blocks, making them more price competitive in a crowded market] perspective.

I kinda doubt that "Indian" would go for this, simply because the present owners of the name almost certainly know nothing of the company history of making a long. v-twin, nor does the majority of the riding public: everyone everywhere associates Indian w/ flouncy transverse v-twins of gargantuan size & profligate chrome accoutrements. ;)

It's almost certainly just a hare-brained P'shop exercise...