Tacho rebuild

AndyH

I sent my tach n speedo (white face Veglias) to PaloAlto Speedo Service ....They went through them and repainted the needles.  Very good but call for prices. My cost was around $250.00 ?

The other option would be replacing the stock tach.

Speedhut has some nice tach options, along with nice speedo options and combination units.

Here is one of a couple threads where they are discussed.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17892

That is mainly about their speedos but as mentioned they do tachs as well.

I sent my tach n speedo (white face Veglias) to PaloAlto Speedo Service ....They went through them and repainted the needles.  Very good but call for prices. My cost was around $250.00 ?

that's for both instruments?  not bad

Other than painting the needles, what did "going through them" entail? The silly polymeric odometer drive gears are problematic as well as induction magnet adhesion . . .

Didn't ask what they did. I couldn't get them apart so I sent them the cluster and asked them to paint the needles and calibrate the speedo. I asked them to do any preventive maintenance too.

my speedo jumps all over the place and won't settle to zero when I am stopped until I shake it by revving the motor.  I've lubed the cable and taken the cable off from both ends.  yes, the pointer is faded too.

Palo Alto?