v11 and 1100 sport rear seat frame

ace

I have fit a V11 rear subframe on a '93 Daytona.

Seems a Sport would be easier.

It did require making brackets to adapt as the pork chops and upper mounts are different.

I made some brackets that bolted to the back side of the pork chops at the 12 and 3 0'clock positions (9 & 12 on the other side) and two pieces of stainless plate attached the upper front mounts of the subframe.

I do not have a Sport but it seems to me that it can't be harder then the Daytona.

On the other hand, if everyone starts doing it then mine won't be as unique, so no I do not think it can be done. :rolleyes:

I wish I had the answer for you. I do recall that Callison had combined parts of both models, but not sure about the rear subframe.

As an aside, what metal is the subframe made from? Mine has a cracked bracket and I'm told welding is tricky if it's chrome moly.

I am sure there are good welders that are members of this forum. They should chime in. If not Google or look in the Yellow Pages for a welding shop around town .

Chrome moly? Don't think so. Way too expensive. I did some cutting and grinding on the front subframe. Plain otdinary steel. Can't imagine the would use something else on the rear subframe

Makes sense. I'm going to remove it this winter and have my local welder put the bracket back on. Thanks for the replies and apologies to ace for the brief hijack. (Did you PM "callison" and ask his experience?)