Clip ons for cafe sport

mar

When I bought my 04 Cafe sport I thought I would warm up to the handle bars. Every other bike I have ridden or own has clip ons.

Well I really hate the bars and now I want to fit a set of proper clips ons. I know there are clip ons out there from other manufactors. However I am looking to see what Moto Guzzi clip on will fit my olins forks.

Thanks, Myke

The first thing you need to know is the diameter of the portion of the fork tube that the clip-on clamp to. Since you can have different diameters on the same tube its important to know the diameter where the clip-on clamps. Measure this in metric. This measurement should be close to the full millimetre measurement. Here are some examples of some bikes I have put clip-ons on "Examples 49.90 is 50mm, 53.88 is 54mm, and 52.02 is 52mm". When you find your Diameter your looking for, do an Internet search for Your diameter and clip-on. This should bring up a few options. Woodcraft clip-ons are my personal favourite, but Renthal and Vortex also has some quality stuff.

Don't Forget that the Diameter you want is the same diameter your current clip-ons are clamped to.

I hope this helps.

The MPH bars work great for me .6'+ with long arms and have found it to be a perfect blend of sportiness and comfort for a long day.And have a OEM look.

I tried a Leman clipon set to my cafe sport. Problem was

1/ brake lines were hitting the instruments, needs some conversion there

2/ Leman clipon have a screw which fixes the position on the top plate, cafe sport doesn't

• 1 month later...

I run a V11 naked sport. OE standard are over top yoke clip-ons. These are fine for general use but nt for track days. I got some 54mm Maxon clamps and fitted them under the top yoke. For track days I drop the OE tubes in to the Maxon clamps. To do this you have to remove the OE clamps as they foul the resvoirs. You can see where the forks protrude up through the top yoke to which the OE clamps fit as stock.

http://maxonperformance.co.uk/taxonomy/term/1

538532_409896985729381_681014353_n.jpg

I run a V11 naked sport. OE standard are over top yoke clip-ons. These are fine for general use but nt for track days. I got some 54mm Maxon clamps and fitted them under the top yoke. For track days I drop the OE tubes in to the Maxon clamps. To do this you have to remove the OE clamps as they foul the resvoirs. You can see where the forks protrude up through the top yoke to which the OE clamps fit as stock.

http://maxonperformance.co.uk/taxonomy/term/1

538532_409896985729381_681014353_n.jpg