2001 model V11lemans with black frame

somers

Hello guzzisti

I am considering buying a V11 lemans from 2001. But i've read here on the forum that those bikes had a red frame.

The bike i want to buy has a black frame. Could it be that de late (i've haven't seen the papers yet) 2001 models had a black frame? (Aprillia take-over?)

Those 2001 models, has anyone some experience with that type of bike.

I ride a california 3 for the moment, very indestructable en fun to ride, but the v11 lemans is a bike i always wanted to have

(red and grey colors)

v11lm1.jpg

thanks for any replies

In the US that would be an 02 model,dont know if they were offered in Europe any earlier.Some of our East of the Pond members may be able to confirm or deny.May have been made in 01 but offered as a MY 02.

By the way one of my favorite color combinations.That red is quite a beautiful finish!

Hello guzzisti

I am considering buying a V11 lemans from 2001. But i've read here on the forum that those bikes had a red frame.

The bike i want to buy has a black frame. Could it be that de late (i've haven't seen the papers yet) 2001 models had a black frame? (Aprillia take-over?)

Like fotoguzzi said, all LeMans models are long-frame [black]. The color of the frame isn't the key, as Rosso Mandellos had black frames w/ that lovely red finish on the rest of the bike, but they were short-frame models.

First V11LM is officially a '02 model, regardless of whether produced/sold in '01 [Dumb motorsports manfs. w/ their model years starting in September... :wacko:]

Hello guzzisti

Like fotoguzzi said, all LeMans models are long-frame [black]. The color of the frame isn't the key, as Rosso Mandellos had black frames w/ that lovely red finish on the rest of the bike, but they were short-frame models.

First V11LM is officially a '02 model, regardless of whether produced/sold in '01 [Dumb motorsports manfs. w/ their model years starting in September... :wacko:]

It was interesting looking at the changes ofver the years. One thing I'm having trouble finding is the specs on the different models with the long and short WB. Can someone tell what lenth the long WB is and what the short WB is? It tells me in the updates which ones were which but it doesn't give any lengths