V11 Le mans overall

Strift_daddy

Hello,

I'm a newbie here and a rookie to injection models :grin:

so,this is my first post...

After my Le mans 3 (1000cc, dellorto 40 phm , + + + )

I decide to buy a lovely v11 Le mans 2002 with 28.000km on it

Impressions?

Unfortunately, Not so good...

It seems really weak,

Hmmmm, ok, i don't buy it to set fire to the road or to compare it with ''4 in line'' constructions, but damn... it's no good. :glare:

It has the well known 2-3.000 rpm gap and no ''low rpm torque'' that we all love to our classic guzzi. If i wanted a mid to high rpm ''bicillindrico'' motor i sould buy a Ducati.

But, there's a really big but... I love Guzzi, in fact it's the only motorcycles i want to ride...

So...

After reading a lot in the forum,i get melted eyes and a headache... :huh2:

Sum up:

How i could get my v11 running smoother and little bit faster?

what should i go first? (valve clearances? x-pipes? good adjustment? air filter?)

I want the old classic +1 or +2 gear up driving...and when i decide i put -1 or -2 gear and became a road terrorist... :bike:

Can i get that in a V11?

I have already fitted agostini carbon cans...

Please help, i have to save this wedding... :grin:

Thanks and Regards

Strift_daddy :bier:

I want the old classic +1 or +2 gear up driving...and when i decide i put -1 or -2 gear and became a road terrorist... :bike:

Can i get that in a V11?

Welcome. I'm not sure what you are saying here..

The V11 *can* be made to be faster than your Mk.III by applying money. :rasta: First, though, I'd just do a good tuneup including balancing the throttle bodies and setting the TPS and see what I had.

I would start with getting yours running right, it does not sound like it is but it can be hard to tell from someone elses description.

For instance, the motor should be able to pull from below 3k rpms but is really happier above there and should not be lugged. My favorite comparison between a V11 and another bike was the time I rode with my racing buddy on the street, he on his R1 and me on the wifes V11. He could not believe the way the bike effortlessly pulled his R1 out of the corners. The R1 required way more revs to make power. The V11 is not a stump puller, it is more a mid-range motor. It does rev out well and makes good power all the way up to redline, but it seems well suited to between 3500 and 6k. Most recommend keeping it above 3k, some say above 4k(I am in the 3k camp).

So, to sum up, it should be faster then your older Guzzi unless you had cams, porting, and valves done to your older Guzzi. Because that is what the V11 motor has over your older Guzzi. If it is not you may need to do a basic tune or take it to someone who can do it for you. As part of that I would check/change the air filter (don't you do that on EVERY used bike you buy?), change the fluids, set valves, and sync/TPS set on the TB's.

Welcome Strift daddy

The bike does have it's limitations ,I'm used to riding V-4 Hondas so that kind of HP and performance doesn't exist in them.They are quite enjoyable to ride in the small rev area that they like,5-7K ,keep it in there and you'll be happy. :race:

I would agree,make sure the bike is running properly first,

Valves set correctly

Air filter clean

FI balanced

TPS set

If you dont think that's not enough power there are several things you can do easily with a little money,

Aftermarket Cans,got them already

Mistral X-Over

PC3

freer flowing air filter and/or airbox mod

There also a new air filter kit being offered by Guzzitech which removes the airbox cover altogether

After that you would be looking at aftermarket Pistons,and port,top end work.

Michael

Hello,

I'm a newbie here and a rookie to injection models :grin:

so,this is my first post...

After my Le mans 3 (1000cc, dellorto 40 phm , + + + )

I decide to buy a lovely v11 Le mans 2002 with 28.000km on it

Impressions?

Unfortunately, Not so good...

It seems really weak, It has the well known 2-3.000 rpm gap and no ''low rpm torque''

well... 1st aint all Mk3's 850cc?

The V11 should rip its nuts off, get rolling then wack the tap open and it should lift the front thats ya torque, well mine does... so Im thinking yours aint to well

Dangerous it had an agostini 1000cc kit + headwork,PHM 40,silent hektik...e.t.c

Believe me, it's a lot, lot more terrifying, because you got almost the same motor and power with 120/90/18 rear wheel tyre... :sun:

Things now seems like getting in place... :lol:

Thank you guys for the respond,

This week i'll try valve adjustment and further adjustments (tps, throttle bodies) and then i'll see if thinks get any better (i'm sure it will).

I will keep you informed... till then, i have about 1,5cm to wear my tyre from side to side... :D

:mg:

Good deal SD :thumbsup:

Forgot to mention to check plugs,gaps and wires.Also check for air leaks, TB boots tend to crack on these also the headers and xover can be a cause of leaks!

:rasta:

the Sport will lift the front tire just on a "good" launch.

The Mighty Scura will do power wheelies.. :rasta::grin:

Should be noted that Chuck's Scura is a ringer with aftermarket pistons(and maybe more?),standard bikes don't perform that way!

:rasta:

the Sport will lift the front tire just on a "good" launch.

The Mighty Scura will do power wheelies.. :rasta::grin:

Should be noted that Chuck's Scura is a ringer with aftermarket pistons(and maybe more?),standard bikes don't perform that way!

Since I bought my Greenie from Chuck's son, I have no doubt he knows what's what.

That was for SD's info LR.Chuck's bike has above average performance ,from all reports,from what we would normally expect from a stock bike, which it is not.Of course Chuck knows this ,but SD wouldn't as he's a relatively new member here.Yes the bikes can wheelie, but not easily in stock form.