What the hell do these people want..!?

. . . . and have a good stroll around Scotland. I'm sure I have relatives there somewhere holding my inheritance for me .....

The only things I inherited from my Scottish sires are a bristly attitude and a taste for liquids smacking of gearoil and gunpowder.  :drink:

Best of luck Bert. Maybe she just wants to stay home with you!

Were you referring to something such as this .....?

201210300059551.jpg

Unfortunately Jerry you can't bring it over as a Classic either. Nothing after 1985 if it was ever imported here. The only exceptions are vehicles you have lived with for over six months and have a 'Personal' attachment too. Yes, it sucks.

Pete

My biking future is bolt upright,slow and behind a bloody great windscreen....(but its better than none.. :grin: )

Sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time finding a buyer.  I guess you've already decided that a peg lowering kit and taller handlebars won't work on the Ballabio for you?  The Motratech kit moves the foot controls down and forward quite a bit.  http://www.motratech.com/MGC-SB10.html

Hi Jerry.You still not found one down under then?Note I didn't say all enquiries were from Arseholes... :grin:                  Hi Michael,I hope that Scura of yours is hanging together now.It'sabout time you had the crossover and pc on there isn't it? :whistle:
She almost running too good.maybe I'll jinx it trying to give her some more bollocks ?

Plan on gettin them on this winter.Hopefully you'll sell yours before that happens !

• Like 1

How do all the Harleys get imported into Australia Pete, They bring containers of them over. Maybe call it parts then build and register it that way. Not sure but I've had my eye on a Tenni in NZ currently asking $6,000au dollars 21,000ks and going by the # ex Japan Bike. Even for parts its cheap. Hmm my wife is a kiwi and we go there fairly often maybe I'll keep it for a Kiwi ride if I could trust the Kiwi's to keep it in one piece for me LOL. Its on Trade Me

Hi Tom,I've seen these kits before but I think that a Ballabio with them and higher bars (and a bigger screen)wouldn't be a Ballabio anymore,if you see what I mean.....

I know exactly what you mean Bertie.  Are you thinking about a Stelvio as a replacement?

Went up to the Western Highlands in March up to Skye and the first thing I thought of is all these off shoot,single track dirt roads that go back into cold,dark, scary looking glens and how cool would it be to have a Stelvio or gulp,..a GS to go exploring! May be some of the best dual sport scenery in the world.

DSCN3411.jpg

Quota is a quirky beast- the 1100ES version steers and handles remarkably well (it was designed by Dr John Wittner), but it is hard to get the fuelling right with the single injector. I am going to fit some twin V11 injectors and manifolds to mine to help her run better and improve economy.

Great for the bumpy moorland roads and cheapish to buy too, if you can find a good one.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to hear your having difficulties. I contacted you a while ago and would love to buy the bike. You were a pleasure to deal with, sent me the pictures and pointed out any details, none of which I had any problems. 

Trouble is, as we discussed at the time,  I'm in Australia and whilst I can buy the bike and put it in a garage in the UK, I can't import to Australia due to very restrictive import regulations. Not much point having it sitting in the back of a garage half a world away.

At the moment I would need to wait around 12 years before I could bring it over as a 'classic'.

If anyone has any ideas or knows how I could get this bike over to Aus I'm all ears ( or eyes in this case).

Equally frustrated,

Jerry

Hi Jerry just read your post re the Ballabio, would you be interested in a very tidy 2000 model V11 Rosso Mandello Ltd Ed for $10500 AUD located on the mid North Coast NSW -  Morris