Trucklite Phase 7 Headlight

moto fugazzi

Just installed a Trucklite Phase 7 LED headlight on my V11S. The standard light just wasn't cutting it at night. The headlight does not fit inside the standard MG bucket (too small), but I did have an extra old Yamaha bucket lying around, and it fit perfectly. I only have 1 pic so far due to a driveway full of ice, but the headlight does have a really wide pattern, and a very sharp cutoff as to not blind oncoming traffic. They can be found on ebay for about $210 with free shipping, and I think it's worth every penny so far. There is a strange X or V where the center of the beam is, but I don't find it annoying.

Rated power consumption is 1.5A (18W at low beam), and 2.3A (27.6W at high beam).

trucklite.JPG

oe216446.jpg

The "V" in the beam is so that you can light up road sign to the right of the road.  Clock the lamp so that the left part of the beam cutoff is horizontal.  The right half of the beam will reach up and illuminate road signs (swaps side for UK countries).   I have a similar feature on some european headlight I imported for my old M3.  I think I will add these to my bike.  Thanks for the heads up.

• 5 months later...

Just an update. I really like the Trucklite, but it's not perfect by any means. The color is a little odd, and the lowbeam doesn't seem to cut thru a heavy downpour at night as well as I'd like it to. Switching to highbeams does help, and I'm careful not to offend oncoming traffic. 

It does throw a nice wide beam of light, and works very well with my ADVMonster LED aux lights with remote control and auto highbeam bypass system. If you connect it properly, the aux lights go to full bright when the high beams are activated. Otherwise, you can set the aux lights for any brightness with the remote control. It's very cool. http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-LED-Controls/Categories.bok

I also have the model 60 LED's on my V11S-they're almost too bright when full on, and the model 44's I have on my V7C are perfect. http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-QualiRegResou/-strse-LED-Lights/Categories.bok

Here's a few pics I took with the low and high beam on in the middle of nowhere. It was pitch black when I took these pics.

They are the low and high beams. It's actually much better than the camera phone indicate.

lowbeam.JPG

highbeam.JPG

Looks like a huge improvement! And you did fit the new bucket and all into the stock brackets and your fairing?

How about a pic of the front of the bike showing its pretty face?  B)

• 4 months later...

I wonder if this is a direct drop-in for the Lemans bucket....  anyone try?  The dimensions looks very close from my recollection.

Would be curious if a Kisan headlight modulator would still work with these LED lights since the draw is different.  I don't know if the Kisan modulator uses the current draw as any sort of trigger or reference, so perhaps.  One would just have to test.

It is not a direct drop in…unfortunately.  I went over to Revival Cycles the other day to talk to the guys about the drop in possibility.  They have a way to do it but it does not look that great, the led light sticks out a bit rather than flush.  They did talk about milling a replacement ring for this light and our buckets.  Apparently some of the older Ducatis use the same size bucket so it is possible that they may do a run at some point.  

The headlight does not fit in the original bucket. Sorry for any confusion about that. I have mine in an old Yamaha bucket, and I guess I didn't even notice that the lens sticks out that much. Maybe my fairing makes it less obvious, and the fact that I won't see it when I'm riding the bike.

Ken