It's been a while..

big J

Right, says I, lets synch the throttle bodies. Erm, says the tech, we dont have a synchronising tool.

So the hunt is on for a synch tool of some kind.

Vinyl tubing [clear fuel line hose, fridge water supply line, air pump hose from the tropical fish pet supply, etc], water and food coloring [so the water isn't invisible] can do the trick in a pinch, it just takes a LOT more hose and column height vs. using mercury as the working fluid. Safer tho', if something goes awry...

Best o' luck!

Right, says I, lets synch the throttle bodies. Erm, says the tech, we dont have a synchronising tool.

So the hunt is on for a synch tool of some kind.

Vinyl tubing [clear fuel line hose, fridge water supply line, air pump hose from the tropical fish pet supply, etc], water and food coloring [so the water isn't invisible] can do the trick in a pinch, it just takes a LOT more hose and column height vs. using mercury as the working fluid. Safer tho', if something goes awry...

Best o' luck!

That's pretty much what I did four or five years ago.  Clear tubing, scrap lumber, a yardstick and a little ATF.  It still works fine.

IMG_0024.jpg

Picked the bike up last night, registration finally completed.

First impressions- jeez, it's a vibrator!!! Obviously a consequence of the dealer (or anyone else here as far as I can ascertain) not having a synch tool. I have ordered a Carbtune, hopefully be here next week.

It clicketty clacks away to itself quite happily, like a gigantic knitting machine. Not at all annoying and quite musical really. Just noisier than my V11.

Quite nippy and very easy to ride, draws plenty of attention, very comfy apart from the vibes and a good riding position for general use.

I tried to listen for detonation given that gas quality here is terrible but couldnt detect any.

I've tried just about everywhere I can think of to buy some 10w60 but there's none on the island so I'll have to import some. Given the temperatures here, I might try the Penrite 10w70 if I can find a dealer who'll send me a box. I'll spend the last of my dosh on a VDST scanning tool I think.

All good though, I'll try to get some pics over the coming days.

John

That would be great if you could Pete. I've sent an email to Penrite customer service too.

Thanks btw for all the help and tips.

It would be spendy all right, but an engine rebuild would be a hell of a lot more expensive, I'd rather have the peace of mind.

Temperatures here aren't too bad just now, high 20's to mid 30's during the day but in another month or so it'll be in the 40's climbing to the 50's by mid June. Too hot to ride during the day for me but even at night it stays in the high 30's minimum.

A good test of any oil. Coupled with the dust, I'll be changing it fairly frequently I reckon.

John