Here be a topic about beer ... your favourite beer ..... where to find beer ...... how to make beer .... and anything else you want to mention ..... as long as it is at least remotely connected to beer!

Beer ... more than just a breakfast drink!!

Yeah used to drink cases after cases...!! You know

Now drink micro brews..! Less but better qualities.. And more alcohol in it..!

Ca is pretty big on that ,,like wheat!! Like Pyramid has like 60 on tap!!! Or heifenweisen ..!!

Shock top is not bad either anyway a good beer is when you are with friends mostly riders!! Then beer taste great!!

I have avoided this chain during my 'Dry January' as it upsets me. Now my liver has regenerated I am off to my nearest pub Saturday lunchtime for a belly-full of Adnams Southwold Bitter. A truly great beer and one that I would happily drink until the end of time.

I have avoided this chain during my 'Dry January' as it upsets me. Now my liver has regenerated I am off to my nearest pub Saturday lunchtime for a belly-full of Adnams Southwold Bitter. A truly great beer and one that I would happily drink until the end of time.

With you there... Never tire of it!

What an appropriate day for an update to this thread.  I am just now, after a rather long day at work and having just noticed a new oil leak coming from the timing chest, sitting down for a beer.  We did a crawfish boil this weekend and there's a cooler just outside the door full of Ballast Point Big Eye IPA.  And it is delicious.

Brooklyn Brewery, Utica, NY - Dry Irish Stout  4.7% :bbblll:

Right. So, not "Irish Dry Stout?" Elsewise, stout for the dry Irish . . .

For which, the claim made, right on the bottle:

Brooklyn Dry Irish Stout is a very dark beer, but don't let the color fool you.In Ireland, stouts were originally brewed to be "session beers" that were light enough to stick with for a long evening  . . . "

Oh, really? Is that so? I'm thinking it's more Yank bollocks. A dark, but watery thin, sharp tasting, fizzy disappointment that won't hold its head. I was hoping for a more fulfilling "session!"

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here in the lower sweaty, mid-south USA, craft beer is on the rise. :notworthy:

and the Big Dogs have noticed: Miller now gives us this 6.0% "Spirited Golden Lager: FORTUNE"

For something locally available and  inexpensive, it has a nice color, good body, but won't hold its head.

Some redemption that the cap has to be pried off (I like using my G81 :grin: )

Session beer. Hmmmm....

I have had heavy nights on Guinness, and after 5,8,11 pints it does start to go down like water, but it can really hurt next day.

Now I'm older and more sensible(!), I tend to stick to cider if I'm expecting a serious evening.

Bulmers normally, called magners in the uk.

Speaking of hangovers, I go to japan every few months, and the draft over there( doesn't matter which one) will absolutely kill you. For some reason, the bottled stuff's not so bad.