electrical again

andy york

They are available at any auto parts store. There is usually a gondola on the floor with electrical parts on it.  If the counterman doesn't know what you're asking for , you need to leave.

That burnt fuse did not come out of the stock fuse holder. I had already run a heavier gauge wire with inline fuse. Snip out the bad fuse holder 

and put in a new one

I still stand by my statement that there is something wrong with this design.

Yes,I agree that dirt,loose connection,blah,blah,blah can cause the problem.

On the other hand, I have had many cars,trucks,and motorcycles in my time, and I NEVER 

blew fuses.

One day I will get around to putting the little led's at the relays per Kiwi_Roy's instruction.later

K_Roy has discovered a number of the "short-comings" of the Guzzi design including the alternator function and the way the regulator references voltage, the weak ground path (especially for the regulator).

We've long known routing the headlight current through the switch is un-good, but running a direct hot could affect the reference voltage and cause under charging. The relay connections are certainly suspect. I believe in running the very best relays available because it is such a failure prone point in the system.

IMO, the small ATC fuse contacts (even in an external holder are just inadequate for the load. I melted or burned up every ATC fuse in three different holders before the MAXI fuse. End of problem. That and, of course, adding the grounds; OMRON relays; stator; regulator; separate power and relays for hi beam, lo beam and each horn; junction blocks for the terminal arrays; servicing, tightening, and sealing every connector . . .

For you, the MAXI fuse is still next assuming you've done the grounds.