Boy this looks like a Griso,...

mznyc

Having lived in Bavaria as a youth, I've always wanted to like the BMW motorcycles. Sadly, they have always disappointed.  I am somehow sure the engineers have been told to make the engine "un-noticed," and the steering to be as stable as the Bismarck.  I find they have succeeded, but I've never ridden a BMW, even the sport models, that rival the Moto Guzzi for liveliness. "Brio," if you will.

I danced with a Bavarian girl once, though, and she could have changed my mind, if we'd had more time . . .

Oh, wait . . . she was Dutch!  :nl:  :cheese::wub: 

• Like 1

Ive ridden a rental R1100 for 1500 -2000 miles or so and it handled great and was comfortable.But no soul,functional,utilitarian.The Guzzi's got that fun factor, handles nearly as well,not quite as comfortable as the Beemer.Just think the similarities (coincidental or not),albeit slight ,to the Griso,which hasn't sold that well is interesting.

From the side, front half of the bike looks ok, rear looks odd. I assume they are regular forks painted gold to look like Ohlins.

Sounds like it is going to be expensive.

Wonder if Guzzi will be unveiling a big block competitor retro at Eicma?

So it's a hp2 without the fun stuff? Why bother?

Background... the last bmw I rode realized it couldn't spit me off so it resorted to squirting petrol over my nice new mx boots...we agreed to disagree and I ran away....never to ride a bmw again. Ok....so I might have jumped her off a sand dune after that....and I possibly might have tried to diss prove looneys belief that you can't wheelstand a bmw....but that was the last day I'll ever ride a bmw.

Your plastic fuel line disconnect come in two at the wrong place ?

Close, it was someone elses bike ( he was struggling in the deep sand so we put him on our bikes and were taking it in turns riding the bm)

My heart sank when I saw the v11 had the same type of connectors.

This bike has been in the works for a while and will be priced right from what I understand. It has the hex head engine (which I have in my GS) not the new water boxer. The hex head is great engine and makes plenty of power but well below the new engine. I think it looks great and its a needed model in bmw's line up...whether it will succeed is unsure bmw has the tradition of pulling the plug on new models quickly when sales figures don't meet expectations. Oh my son put a new water boxer on the dyno and got 209 hp! Pretty hefty number for a big dual sport.

Oh my son put a new water boxer on the dyno and got 209 hp! Pretty hefty number for a big dual sport.

That's nuthin' ..... my illegitimate son (whom I've never met and I'm not really sure where he lives even) put his Puch on the dyno and got 268 hp. Not bad for a moped!

Oh my son put a new water boxer on the dyno and got 209 hp! Pretty hefty number for a big dual sport.

That's nuthin' ..... my illegitimate son (whom I've never met and I'm not really sure where he lives even) put his Puch on the dyno and got 268 hp. Not bad for a moped!

Hey Puch had some hot machines, I had a 175 cc motocrosser  that was untouchable by others in the day and they built a twin carb 250cc moto cross bike that produced 50+ hp. So with a little tweeking....hmmm    :glare:

• Like 1

Hey Puch had some hot machines, I had a 175 cc motocrosser  that was untouchable by others in the day and they built a twin carb 250cc moto cross bike that produced 50+ hp. So with a little tweeking....hmmm    :glare:

I am rebuilding a 175 MX now and when I'm done a 125 MX. I'll post some pictures .... waaaaay cooler than some BMW.

Docc ...... I doubt that any spawn of mine would be moping around ....... but that's no reason to NOT trash talk him. Spare the rod ..... spoil the child, I say!!!