Best aftermarket exhaust systems?

sp838

In the case of the stock exhaust, the carbon fiber is just a decorative wrap over the stainless steel canister. This is why their so heavy.

I just ordered the GPR 2 into 1 pipe, and their stainless steel "deeptone" muffler with removable baffles. Supposed to be pretty great. I attaches directly to the headers, eliminating the crossover. I should be saving a good 20+ lbs...

the italian site is a little insane (as most italian sites are):

http://www.gpr.it/

they have a few international outlets, these guys are in the UK:

http://www.gpr-motorcycle-exhausts.co.uk/

I ordered direct from their US rep.

• 2 weeks later...

got my GPR two into one last night. very impressed with the speed in fullfilling the order. shipped in less time than they estimated (10 working days after receiving the order) via DHL, which got it here from Italy and through customs in three days.

first impressions: light! this thing weighs next to nothing - 5kg on the shipping manifest for the entire thing including all the packaging. very nice construction and materials. the interior of the muffler has two separate removable elements. the tip of the muffler can come off to give a completely open pipe. the two into one pipe has a threaded capped hole on it, presumably to attach a sensor for tuning. it attaches directly to the headers eliminating the crossover. hopefully there won't be too much wrestling to get them on.

at first glance it doesn't seem like there's any mounting hardware for the pipe itself, only the muffler. the pipe is clamped to the headers. maybe that's what that threaded hole and bolt are for, if not then might need to fab a little bracket to mount it somewhere if it feels like it could use more support. I'm hoping to get some wrench time on tuesday, will report on my success/failures in getting this installed.

picture of it here on my instagram: http://instagram.com/p/j2j_V1KdSE/

$329 shipped!

EDIT 03/20/14: it appears as though GPR has now set up a website for the US market, no longer offering factory direct orders. Unfortunately the price has now also gone up...  :bbblll:

They don't have a US web store, you have to email their US sales rep:

mauro@gpr.it

He can take a day or two to respond, but he will get back to you.

Go to the main site to browse the options, they have quite a few different style mufflers to choose from.

believe me, I can't wait to hear it either. I'll be happy just to get it on next week, might be a little while before I fire her up though, she's in a state of undress at the moment...

that ebay link looks like a decent option but a couple hundred bucks more than what I think you would get ordering directly. thise guys are adding their markup. write Mauro an email.