Grip Puppies?

Gottagetone

Anyone use Grip Puppies?  

http://www.grip-puppy.co.uk

My right forefinger and thumb tend to go numb and I have been searching for a solution.  There are lots of grips out there that claim to reduce vibration but Grip Puppies seem to have the best reviews.  You can buy them online for cheap.

Any input on them?

Regarding the numbness, the nerve to that part of the hand comes through the carpal tunnel of the wrist from one particular nerve root in the lower neck. I assume the Sport in your avatar is your current set-up. In that case, most of the vibration (of the early Sports) has been addressed by the handle bars and more upright position.

No personal experience with those grip covers, but there are a couple other things to be aware of. Sometimes making the grip bigger can aggravate the condition. Those grips pads likely aren't terribly expensive so may be worth a simple try.

Otherwise, be certain that, in your riding position with gloves on, you're able to keep the wrist straight to maintain throttle position. Most of us position our controls to have a straight shot to the brake, but the wrist/hand spend most of it's time at about quarter throttle.

Just something simple worth trying!

I'd like to see them but they look just like the plain foam grips that I use on the EV.  Really cheap but the foam crushes after awhile especially if you haul your bike with a Canyon Dancer strap. 

Regarding the numbness, the nerve to that part of the hand comes through the carpal tunnel of the wrist from one particular nerve root in the lower neck. I assume the Sport in your avatar is your current set-up. In that case, most of the vibration (of the early Sports) has been addressed by the handle bars and more upright position.

No personal experience with those grip covers, but there are a couple other things to be aware of. Sometimes making the grip bigger can aggravate the condition. Those grips pads likely aren't terribly expensive so may be worth a simple try.

Otherwise, be certain that, in your riding position with gloves on, you're able to keep the wrist straight to maintain throttle position. Most of us position our controls to have a straight shot to the brake, but the wrist/hand spend most of it's time at about quarter throttle.

Just something simple worth trying!

My Chiro does some PM to my wrists and elbows to keep the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome away....

I would look like a gargoyle (or at least have the posture) if I didn't go to one.

Ive got a chiro and will ask him about it.  That guy can hurt me in a good way and for all intensive purposes he has done more to correct my allergies than anyone else ever could.  The tip of my forefinger goes numb even when it just gets cold.  For the price I may give the GPs a try.  

Looks like them but I found them stateside here:

http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/motorcycles/GRIPPUP.html

Three sizes available for cheap.  I need to measure but would guess smalls would work.

• 3 weeks later...

I fitted them - they're certainly more comfortable than the standard grips and probably the easiest accessory to fit in the whole wide world!!! Open packet, run a little soapy water inside and slide 'em on. Job done. Do it before you go to bed and they're all ready for your early morning ride!

Bit pricey for what they are, though......... and I suspect the claims for reducing vibration may be over-egged somewhat, but I'm happy with them