2000 V11 front brake question

ush1000

One of the 8 pistons on my front Brembo's is sticky/almost seized (top right). Will not move back despite applying considerable levered force but will move forwards a little when using brakes. As its winter I will take caliper to bits, anyone know what size service kit to buy. Can't seem to find caliper details in manual.

Andrew

Without disassembly, you might try removing the caliper from the mount and alternate clamping force from a bar clamp and forcing the piston back out with hydraulic pressure while applying blasts of brake cleaner. At first it may only move slightly, but repetition should pay off. Be sure to press the piston in squarely.

Carefully block the other pistons from movement with clamps, be careful not to twist and pull at the line connection, and don't breath the brake cleaner fumes. Remove some fluid from the reservoir before pressing the pistons back in so the fluid will not overflow.

One of the 8 pistons on my front Brembo's is sticky/almost seized (top right). Will not move back despite applying considerable levered force but will move forwards a little when using brakes. As its winter I will take caliper to bits, anyone know what size service kit to buy. Can't seem to find caliper details in manual.

Andrew

Practice Docc's advice on a good caliper before working on the bad caliper . You are going to try to free-up the frozen piston. You want it to extend , clean the piston skirt before working it back into the caliper bore.  You can use any cleaner you want but do NOT use any petroleum based product on any brake part .