05 Nero Corsa Misfire

Steve S

This is not a big problem but it would be nice to sort it, at 6k rpm I have a hesitation a bit like hitting the rev limiter, I can power through it but if I hold it at 6k in any gear it does it, I have refitted the stock exhausts and it still does it, the bike is standard, I don't spend much time at 6k rpm so I can live with it but I would like to fix it,

has anyone had this?

I think dangerous has a point.

Electrical: one or both Plugs or coils/leads maybe? If it gets worse over time, say it starts to happen over a wider rev range, I might be looking at the coils and leads.

I vote for electrical issue.

1 question. does it happen when the motor is hot and cold or both ?

I would start with the cheapest and easiest and move down the list.

plugs,plug caps,plug wires and then coils. Coils usually have a pretty good service life.

They rarely go bad. But they CAN. had one that started breaking down when it was above

90 degrees outside and had been riding for extended time. Buggar to find. pull over and checking things 

out always gave the thing enough time to cool off and work properly. it actually felt like a fueling issue.

keep us posted

Don;t forget the sidestand switch, it could be bouncing at that rev range with vibration.

That's all I can add

It does sound electrical from what you describe - 6k is relatively close to the rev limiter (who sets that - the tach or the ecu ??) but you say you can power through the glitch. That would also suggest fuel delivery is ok ..?

Thanks for all your input, sidestand switch is bypassed, but I agree it is likely to be an ignition problem, I can live with it for now and see if it gets worse.

melted or burnt 30 amp fuse? Badly corroded ignition wire leaving the coils?

Check the resistance across the TPS gradually opening and closing looking for a sudden *jump* in resistance.

One of the first things I do when I buy a V11 is cut the wires off the 30 amp fuse and solder them together, the fuse was getting hot and starting to melt,   also I have replaced the TPS to rule it out.

One of the first things I do when I buy a V11 is cut the wires off the 30 amp fuse and solder them together, it shouldn't be there, I have replaced the TPS.

What you talking about JJ?

Might be a long shot here, but I had an old carb. Honda that I was having charging issues with and I had to eventually replace the battery. When I did it had developed a pretty annoying hiccup somewhere around 6k. After keeping a couple motorcycle mechanics at my local shop stumped for weeks they decided to test the battery and found it was giving the wrong amperage. Not sure how, why or what that had to do with this very specific hiccup but it cleared it up. I know it's pretty far out there but thought I'd put in my :2c: