introducing NZ's latest MG owner

dangerous

Well a friend sold her bike a couple a months back and I was hassling her about a new one something like a FVR750 would suit maybe a cheap 800. Anyway a V11 poped up on line for sale at a decent price be it not the tidest, I was joking about her buying it... well she did.

So as she will most likely join up here soon lets get a list together of all the issues she will have, the money she will wast and the KM's it will take to relise what she has gone in bloody done.

cafesport.jpg

• Like 1

Ha ha!

Can't fault her on the choice tho! You must have accidentally got lyrical. Congratulations.

Got flat bars - like mine, highly recommended for comfortable distances.

Not the tidiest? I place mechanical condition above cosmetic: a good runner, however tatty, is worth three stranded lookers, especially in the NZ wilderness!

Only time will tell...

yeah I know andy re the tidest comment... mechanical is what I ment aswell as altho I have not seen the bike yet just odd at 40k that it has had a clutch, cam and suroundings, starter motor etc, on pick up the starter button shat itsself... suspisious at the best I is the scot in me.

Does sound dodgy... Well, the deal's done by the sound of it. All we can hope for is it's not a total lemon. I'd say forum membership's a must, whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks D for the introduction, I finally got the validation sorted to set up my account..will say Hi briefly as I figure out how this all works. I see you've already put up a pic of Xena :P

• Like 2

It's always immensely exciting to have a new bike!

Not just for the new owner, but the whole forum that lives to help make the experience the best! :thumbsup:

Welcome, kiwijen!

• Like 1

Cheers Andy,

Finally got her out for a ride today. Nothing too major, some cosmetic things I've got to sort out, like no dial on the odo to reset the counter. Definitely a miss when sitting around 3k rpm. shes actually a lot tidier than I expected..I am thinking she needs a new battery..will chuck this one on a charger see what it reads. But all in all for the money, I've got a great bike! 

Cheers Andy,

Finally got her out for a ride today. Nothing too major, some cosmetic things I've got to sort out, like no dial on the odo to reset the counter. Definitely a miss when sitting around 3k rpm. shes actually a lot tidier than I expected..I am thinking she needs a new battery..will chuck this one on a charger see what it reads. But all in all for the money, I've got a great bike!

Not so dodgy then after all, great news!

Enjoy the ride: got mine on a whim 3 years ago and still in love (in spite of little foibles). Just gets better with a bit of sorting.

"Xena"      .... love it

Me too