TPS and Throttle Bodies

Steve S

Thought I would check the throttle bodies for balance and reset the TPS on the Nero, after backing everything off and pulling off the linkage I reset the TPS to 150 mv refitted the linkage and made sure both throttles were fully shut,

then opened up the throttles with the left screw so it would idle but could only get the idle down to 1k by having both air screws shut off and a small amount of the left screw, if I did it by the book and opened it up to 0.5v and the air screws open 1 turn it was much too fast, not a problem as it idles and runs fine with my settings but somethings not right.

150Mv is the base setting (screws all out) , you need to raise it up to (525mv?) once the throttles are hooked up then adjust the air screws and sync.

so just set your stop screw to 525 with key on not running, then fine tune with air bleed screws.. start bike and sync TB's above idle, 3k rpm and then go back to readjust/balance the idle with the air bleed screws.

First time i set the TPS i had a good amount of goop in the TBs preventing them from closing all the way. Might be a good idea to clean them up with some carb cleaner if you havent already.

150Mv is the base setting (screws all out) , you need to raise it up to (525mv?) once the throttles are hooked up then adjust the air screws and sync.

so just set your stop screw to 525 with key on not running, then fine tune with air bleed screws.. start bike and sync TB's above idle, 3k rpm and then go back to readjust/balance the idle with the air bleed screws.

Yea done all that but when setting the TPS to .525v the idle is way too high even with the air screw closed. so the only way to bring it down is by backing out the left stop screw until the throttles are almost closed again.

Steve, it sounds like maybe your right throttle wasn't completely closed for the 150 mV baseline. (It doesn't matter if the left on completely closes).

With the linkage off, release the high idle cam and cable, then back out the right idle stop screw until the mV reading stops changing. At this point, press the throttle further closed - if the reading goes down further, clean the throat, plate, and shafts. Once you are convinced the plate closes fully, set the 150 mV baseline.

Also, be sure the throttle bodies are in close balance before setting the final idle. You can fine tune the balance later.

Yea done all that but when setting the TPS to .525v the idle is way too high even with the air screw closed. so the only way to bring it down is by backing out the left stop screw until the throttles are almost closed again.

was your high idle cam (choke) loosened? that warm up lever on the left grip, if it was still connected I can see how idle was way too high. otherwise something else is messed up.