Mirrors

Cabernet

Some of you may recall I fitted a new dash a while back. Well, another bane of the V11 I wanted to resolve was the mirrors. The original mirrors don't favour removal at the collet well and I don't like the ideal of removal at the handlebar clamp. Having had one of the collets disintegrate on me, I have set about looking for alternatives.

Having the new dash which is quite angular, I decided to try and mimic this in the mirrors and have something functional too with out breaking the bank.

10492277_772026459516430_589657545368155

A bit of searching around and I opted to give some Griso mirrors a try from Gutsibits. Fitted now, they perform well at all speeds, give splendid review vision and were cheaper than the V11 ones and appear to be a better design. If you are going to be doing a lot of commuting/filtering/lane cutting (which I am not on this bike), perhaps a tad wide, but otherwise a good choice me thinks. Comments positive and negative welcome.

10524323_772026446183098_311873427643401

Indeed, I like those too...had them on both my Aprilias and now both my Moto Guzzis. They are a mirror used on a lot of Piaggio group bikes. Fairly stable, well built, modern looking but not over the top for most bikes. Looking good, like that new dash!

Those 'bars look nice n low- sir prefers chin-on-digi-clock-action one presumes?

Stew

181826_409897122396034_412005471_n.jpg?o

I do for track days and on the lead up to.

I leave the under top yoke bracelets on all the time.

I put the over top yoke bracelets on for normal road use, but that have to be removed if the tubes are in the lower bracelets, as the hydraulic wells foul.

So, your new mirrors are a vast styling improvement over the boxy ones shown in the "action shot." They look more like they belong on a BMW . . .

So, your new mirrors are a vast styling improvement over the boxy ones shown in the "action shot." They look more like they belong on a BMW . . .

VX800 actually, and yes the Griso's are much better. Do have to watch them in traffic though.