Headlight Bucket.Metal or Plastic?

mznyc

My headlight bucket is plastic and has had cracks on the underside since I've owned it.(PO cracked it somehow :glare: ).I recently bought a used shell from a member and it is metal.Are materials different from model/year variances? What's yours?

2002 Le mans Tenni and it has a plastic shell and a plastic reflector.  I saw some replacement headlights from China on Ebay  (item no. 121110416854) for a reasonable price. They are listed as Guzzi V11, but they seem to be suitable for a range of BMW models too.They look identical apart from the reflector having no recess for a pilot bulb. 

I was thinking of a new reflector, a Cibie maybe, as the headlight isn't very good.  Was thinking the 7" would fit, but I'd welcome any guidance from someone who has improved their headlamp.

Simon

”Luxor 6422 H4 W5W” reads on the glass and on the outer side of the plastic reflector. I ordered the cheap metallic one and had to send it back.  I could find the plastic one only as original spare part ,which is very expensive. Then I bought one used from a LeMans guy and another used form a Scura guy – these were identical. And made “the best possible compilation” out of three.

Met_Pla_1.jpg