Commercial offer for V11LeMans.com

Admin Jaap

Glad to hear that you aren't going to be selling out to the same goofs who ruined motorcycle.com! That used to be a useful site a long time ago. Never go there now. Whew! Dodged that bullet! Would hate to lose V11LM, but respect your desire to simplify if it ever comes to that. TIA for all the good years! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Jaap... I haven't been active here for awhile so this thread caught me by surprise.

I'm glad you're staying on and hope the missed opportunity to sell this site eventually works in your favor. I'd also like to say that I fully appreciated your efforts during my active time, and hope you are still here when I return with another V11. The sooner the better!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

....echoing Joe's comments ( waving at Joe  B) )  almost word-for-word  :D

Having been a member from the very beginning, but then also taking a looooong time off, it was a surprise to see this thread and a relief read it through to its resolution.   I too am very glad to know that this resource for a very specific make/model remains available as a central repository of information and camaraderie.  

But Jaap has been supporting this site for close to 15 years (hard to believe), so it also is completely understandable to entertain passing the torch one day.

We all appreciate the fact that this site was created and continues to serve the community.  I've always worried that one day I'd come back to look for V11lemans.com and all of its decade+ of wisdom might just be gone,and that would be a huge loss.   Glad to see it is still here, and here to stay for the foreseeable future!

Thanks Jaap!   :D

• Like 3

• 6 years later...

Ive not logged in for some time either, just not been using the Rosso M, BUT so glad to find the site much as it was when I last looked, thanks Jaap for all your hard work. My guess is your workload would have dropped hugely as V11s become rarer and yet the need for all the info gathered would perhaps have increased as the bikes age and issues arise that owners, aspecially new owners need help with. Be great if you could keep on with it yourself, perhaps sharing the moderating load with  few trusted long term members?   Is there not some income to be had from parts suppliers ads?

Now the real reason Ive logged in......my V11.com t shirt is looking old and faded...dont suppose there any available still|!  ?

ps, my from brand new  v11 is still in my garage along with a Laverda 750SF (just restored), my two Guzzi Callifornias (75th anniversay and a 90th anniversary), a Benelli 500 four,an early suzuki 1200Bandit, anRGV250, a Triumph Bonneville 750 silver jubilee, two Suzuki t500s,a TS250 Guzzi, a Suzuki GT380,an RD400 Yam, a Honda 500t,  a Harley 1200Sportster, a Suzuki GT125, and an Aprillia RX50....and out of all them the Rosso Mandello is still my favourite bike!

However I find I now use my car 90% of my time, its an Alfa Romeo Guilia quadrofoglio and its sex on 4 wheels¬

Just bought the wife the Toyota Yaris GR, limited build homologation special...a pocket rocket it is too!

I will be selling off most of the bikes this year but the V11 is going to be refreshed and probably end up in the house as a piece of art....just need to find those decals and the paint codes...

best wishes   andy c  UK

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rossoandy said:

Ive not logged in for some time either, just not been using the Rosso M, BUT so glad to find the site much as it was when I last looked, thanks Jaap for all your hard work. My guess is your workload would have dropped hugely as V11s become rarer and yet the need for all the info gathered would perhaps have increased as the bikes age and issues arise that owners, aspecially new owners need help with. Be great if you could keep on with it yourself, perhaps sharing the moderating load with  few trusted long term members?   Is there not some income to be had from parts suppliers ads?

Now the real reason Ive logged in......my V11.com t shirt is looking old and faded...dont suppose there any available still|!  ?

ps, my from brand new  v11 is still in my garage along with a Laverda 750SF (just restored), my two Guzzi Callifornias (75th anniversay and a 90th anniversary), a Benelli 500 four,an early suzuki 1200Bandit, anRGV250, a Triumph Bonneville 750 silver jubilee, two Suzuki t500s,a TS250 Guzzi, a Suzuki GT380,an RD400 Yam, a Honda 500t,  a Harley 1200Sportster, a Suzuki GT125, and an Aprillia RX50....and out of all them the Rosso Mandello is still my favourite bike!

However I find I now use my car 90% of my time, its an Alfa Romeo Guilia quadrofoglio and its sex on 4 wheels¬

Just bought the wife the Toyota Yaris GR, limited build homologation special...a pocket rocket it is too!

I will be selling off most of the bikes this year but the V11 is going to be refreshed and probably end up in the house as a piece of art....just need to find those decals and the paint codes...

best wishes   andy c  UK

Welcome back, Andy!

Nice stable, there! If you like, go to the "Cars" thread in "Special Place for Banter" and post a pic of that Alfa. That would be delicious to cast eyes upon . . .:food:

As for the T-shirt, scroll to the top of the page and select "Forum Apparel" (between the Member Map and Donate buttons).  The link will take you to a page that offers to print various designs on a broad selection of products.

Best regards and come hang out more!  docc

• Like 3