Seat Cowl, will they fit from year to year?

Goosed Again

They are same

No they're not actually. The early 1999-2000ish like my bike have a heavy tail assy made of some sort of composite material with internal walls on the side for want of a better explaination where the later versions 2003 and later (maybe) are a light and quite flimsy (more modern style) of ABS and just a single skin on the sides. 

I have both at home, the latter off a Balibio and it looks like it will fit on my 2000 year model spare subframe without any issues.

The later type also uses an additional removable bracket at the rear for the rear mount positions.

Ciao

They are same

No they're not actually. The early 1999-2000ish like my bike have a heavy tail assy made of some sort of composite material with internal walls on the side for want of a better explaination where the later versions 2003 and later (maybe) are a light and quite flimsy (more modern style) of ABS and just a single skin on the sides. 

I have both at home, the latter off a Balibio and it looks like it will fit on my 2000 year model spare subframe without any issues.

The later type also uses an additional removable bracket at the rear for the rear mount positions.

Ciao

Thanks, need to have it in hand to make sure I reckon

A difference here in the "tail section" (which definitely changed on the later bikes), and the "seat cowl/ pillion cover?"

The early "tail sections" are definitely PA6 (polyamide, a kind of "Nylon", by Acerbis -  like the tank). The early pillion covers are ABS (also by Acerbis) - did they change?

Are the later tail sections actually ABS or still PA6?

The later tail sections are definitely different material from the early units. I havent actually looked on the inside at the material markings but would bet they are ABS or PP.

I also have a later model pillion seat cover and pad and it appears identicle to my early type. 

ciao