How to improve turn in?

Quercus

Best method is to get some folks to help measure the sags while you are on the bike in your usual gear with your usual load on board (my Tekno panniers are always packed). Takes two (so buy twice the beer!), one to stabilize the bike and one to do the measurements. (The front can be done with the "Zip-tie method," so you might save a little on beer there . . .)

Wat Docc sez. Until you get the sag *right* you are just pissin in the wind. 

No doubt there are perfect solutions. I was about to order "the suspension in the box" when I spent a small fortune to fix the gearbox.  I saw no reason to buy suspension bits if the bike was going to the junkyard.  Right now I am looking for practical solutions to hit the road tomorrow.

I am not foreign to changing suspension, I've got Racetek springs, gold valves and rear shock on my Bandit.  By comparison, the Sport is still stiffer than that bike and "sags" less.  The Sport handles well, it just weaves on the highway especially around semi trucks with the bags on.  

It took me a while to know that the problem was the balance of front vs rear.  I still have more preload and air pressures to make the condition better.  I wonder how low I can go in the front. 28, 26?  I've researched the board regarding red frame handling and I've read everything from the rider having a psychosomatic condition to a complete suspension rebuild with a Penske shock.  

Perhaps there is a practical solution given the set up with the stock bike?  

Obviously you have owned your bike for some years.  Have you noticed any improvement (or not) with different brand tires?  I realize that changing the tire pressure can affect the way a bike handles, but that seems to be treating the symptom, not curing the ailment.  I agree whole heartedly with Chuck, until you get the sag right everything else is just a band aide.  Unfortunately getting the sag right is probably going to be expensive.  Look at it this way, if you didnt spend the money on your bike you would probably waste it on things like your house, food, clothes, your wife, the kids, etc.  Not necessarily in that order.  

• Like 1

JR- I've not noticed any change in the handling due to tires.  I know that the rear tire wears even quicker than the one on my Bandit does.  It seems this bike "sags less" than the others I own.

I just thought I'd check if anyone with a red frame had experimented with tire pressures.

I think I'll stop now.   :mellow:

So, simplest, cheapest "stop-gap" could be to increase rear pressure and preload. Then, lower the triple clamps on the forks just 5mm. Make sure your steering damper is backed all the way off.

My Sport had the exact same high speed weave around the trucks. HATED IT!