LeMans in BC

helicopterjim R.I.P.

Probbly the switch, crack open the fitting to one head if it makes a right mess when you start the motor that means the pump is pumping oil around, a good sign.

Sent from my shoe phone!

Probbly the switch, crack open the fitting to one head if it makes a right mess when you start the motor that means the pump is pumping oil around, a good sign.

Sent from my shoe phone!

That is the plan today. Will update tonight.

Hey Jim, it was great to meet you! You have the motorcycle sickness as bad as me or worse...and you have nicer bikes! LOL.  If you ever get out in all this smoke, play safe out there.

Motrhead - hopefully it is only your pressure switch.  I have done a similar ride of faith back home staring at an oil light.  Not fun!  I used a little silicone around the crimped metal to plastic joint on my replacement sensor in case that was a possible source of failure.  The Ducati Monster oil pressure switch uses a sealed AMP connector instead of a spade connector like the one on our bikes.  I have always wondered if that switch would be any more reliable than the Guzzi part.

Now about that V11....That exhaust looks kind of homemade.  Maybe a Flowmaster?  It looks like a later bike with an early tank and tail.  I love it!  The owner of that bike has to be a member or at least a lurker on this forum!  Maybe they will respond once they get back from a nice long trip.  I'd love to hear what it sounds like.

So I started the bike and pulled the oil cooler line off the front of the sump...tried each one separately, and had about the same amount of oil running out of either...didn't seem like a lot of pressure there, but i know it is actually a fairly low volume...wasn't spraying at all, more dribbling, but definitely pumping. Any thoughts?

So I started the bike and pulled the oil cooler line off the front of the sump...tried each one separately, and had about the same amount of oil running out of either...didn't seem like a lot of pressure there, but i know it is actually a fairly low volume...wasn't spraying at all, more dribbling, but definitely pumping. Any thoughts?

I seem to recall the flow to the cooler is thermostatically controlled. There would not be much flow through the cooler until the motor heats to a set point.

There is a thermostatic valve listed in the parts list. It is on the block of aluminum down in the sump and it looks like it would control oil flow to the cooler.

I would check the oil supply to the heads if there is doubt about oil pressure.

If the oil filter comes loose you will lose oil pressure. That can result in serious engine damage. Low or no oil pressure is not something to take lightly in a Guzzi. They are plain bearing engines and plain bearings only work with adequate oil flow.

I was working on my dirtbike today, riding the Stelvio, and running errands, so didn't get to the LeMans. Having had a crap Fram oil filter blow out the sloppy rubber gasket and take out the bearings of a car engine at about 6500rpm...I pay very very careful attention to oil lights! LOL. Luckily for me that was in a Volvo with a hardened crank, and I only needed crank bearings to fix it...but the bearings were peeled back to the copper layer below...not pretty. I am not doing anything until I check the filter and get a gauge on it. 

• Like 1

The light on my Eldorado came on so I cracked the banjo fitting on one head this created quite a mess when I restarted but I was happy to see it. Since then I added a second banjo with a longer bolt and a 100psi gauge, the light is still on, I'll get around tuit.

Sent from my shoe phone!