It arrived

leroysch

The 2004 V11 LeMans finally arrived safe and sound. And quite the journey it was. Sold on consignment by a CA dealership, the NV title had never been transferred to the current owner...I suspect because it's a non-CA bike with less than 7500 miles on it, apparently a criteria for used bikes being registered in CA. Gave me some pause for thought, but it all worked out.

Shipment was flawless from CA to MO, it was even delivered early. I used CW Haul, who bid on the job via the uship website. Highly recommend. 

I had arranged for the local HD dealership to take delivery since I've been working out of state and they were kind enough to receive her. Thanks Hideout!

Getting back home, the mad dash of getting safety inspections, titling, registration, and insurance all squared away got done. First bike I own that requires the clutch to be in while in neutral to start it..but got that figured out relatively quickly...as did the no flashie on the LH turn signal. Didn't have to hit me over the head once is saw a wire swinging in the breeze inside the fairing. Phew!

20151017_120925_zps1yyf5clx.jpg

At the time of purchase, had 4700 miles on her. Found ads for her from 2013 while she was at a dealership in Washington "doing the Google". She's been tweaked with a carbon fiber front fender, the apparently Ti exhaust, matte Ag powdercoating (?) on the headers, an Ohlins rear shock..are the major things I'm aware of.

The ride today added 2% to her lifetime mileage and it was great. Seems like the previous owner's suspension settings are dialed in for me to. It rode so well, I'm going to have to revisit the settings on my other  bikes.

Unfortunately, I'm back working out of state next week...so I'll only have her pics to keep me company.

Oh happy day!  Fantastic bike.

I ran into the 7,500 mile thing in California with my LeMans - just barely got through it.  Details in this thread if you're curious:  http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18967&hl=

The Moto Guzzi Kit Racing ECU with Titanium exhaust is usually unobtainable, although 6 were recently "discovered" and made available through Harpers. The Ohlins shock is a great upgrade too. You basically have yourself a brand-new bike there - but with some excellent modifications.  I found that setting suspension sag for my weight was the most important first step on the suspension.

Enjoy the LeMans, I know the feeling. Just like my '03 that I scored early this summer. I missed out buying one of these when they where new. Got lucky when I found my '03 in Atlanta. Had 3179 miles on it, one owner and came with a complete in the box Ti kit and some extra CF pieces.

Again happy for you and hope you have many miles of fun riding.

Thanks guys...what a treat it was/is to ride. That frame twist at idle was novel...and I swear I could feel the same thing gassing it leaned over in the curves. Very unique! I need to spend some serious seat time on it to see if the ergos support making this the weapon of choice for serious road trip sport touring.

BMWDavid-An '02 AND an '03? I get it. FWIW, I'm working out-of-state and staying in Washington, IN (I see that you're in SW IN), on a weekend layover I was surprised to see a MG dealership in Robinson, IL. Spent some time there during a weekend I was stuck away from home...they're good people there.

I need to spend some serious seat time on it to see if the ergos support making this the weapon of choice for serious road trip sport touring.

BMWDavid-An '02 AND an '03? I get it.

Ergos being somewhat a matter of personal preference, I'll just say that I am all-day comfortable on mine. Given the nice stable in your signature, I would definitely choose the LeMans for sport touring.

Funny - it seems the three of us who have responded so far all have the Two-V11 sickness. I think it could be contagious....   :mg:  :mg:

BMWDavid-An '02 AND an '03? I get it. FWIW, I'm working out-of-state and staying in Washington, IN (I see that you're in SW IN), on a weekend layover I was surprised to see a MG dealership in Robinson, IL. Spent some time there during a weekend I was stuck away from home...they're good people there.

Yeah...two of these bikes! My first V11 was the '02 that I got early this summer. Wanting a like new bike after that...got lucky finding my '03. I live about 12 miles from Washington IN. The folks at Robinson are good people!