Guzzi Ti Exhaust install

roam

Good morning,

I was wondering what the procedure is for switching ECUs. Is it simply unplug old one and plug in new one?

The instructions that came with the kit talk about giving the bike a tune after installing the new mufflers/ecu. Is that mandatory or can the bike be safely ridden without harming anything?

I appreciate the assistance!

Roam

I always disconnect the battery before I swap out major or complex electrical things. This might be an unnecessary precaution, but it only takes a minute. The recommended TPS setting is a little different than stock. 

I talked to Curtis Harper. He said they were mislabeled in a Moto Guzzi warehouse - then somebody opened the boxes. Fun story - and not at all surprising, really.

The Ti kit comes nicely packaged, eh? Except the paint on the hangers is terrible - mine don't even match.

:mg:

I had thought the ignition was to be off a minimum time (30 seconds?) before the ECU is disconnected, but I cannot now find that in the workshop manual. :huh2:

Otherwise, disconnect the negative battery terminals first and isolate them then being certain to avoid any contact of the positive side to the ECU case.

And . . . a tune-up is always good! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the kit installed over the weekend. New pipes sound awesome - nice rumble/roar but not obnoxious. Bike also seems to run smoother now as well.

The right connecting pipe was a pita to get on the crossover. It did not want to slide all the way down. Left side went on no problem. Next were those damned muffler bands. Getting those on was a bit of a chore.

Scud I appreciate your warning about isolating the positive cable from the ecu. I still managed to make some fireworks with how tight it is in there.

Now for my question. The left muffler leaks a little bit of exhaust gas at the front where that riveted band is. Should this be a cause for concern? The bike seems to run well with no back firing.