Rattle under acceleration

sdhow

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moto Guzzi replaced mine under warranty for this issue. Seems like I was able to reproduce it by bumping the crossover (not the later model's front pipe) with a rubber mallet and I could hear it rattle.

docc,

How old was your bike when they warrantied it?  I can't get Piaggio to warranty the faulty anti-theft module on my 1200 Sport (bad starter interrupt circuit) when I notified them two weeks after receiving it from Harper's!  Newport Italian is so fed up with Piaggio, he dropped the whole line (Aprilla, Vespa, Guzzi, etc) and has gone exclusively MV Agusta.  This is not the first dealer I've heard this from...

I bought the Sport new in August 2000 with the rare three year warranty, so the exhaust replacement was likely in the first two years.

By year three, Aprilia's ownership was in full swing and they contacted me to "exchange" my three year warranty for a two year warranty. Which would have been expired when I received it! :rolleyes:

I managed to put almost 27,000 miles on the bike in the warranty period and, with the help of my dealer, worked through numerous issues, including the early gearbox problems.

For much of this I credit my dealer, a Mr. Ben Curlin. :thumbsup:

He suffered with all of the same difficulties dealing with the company as now, but absolutely stood by me beyond any reasonable call of duty: a fine gentleman in every way. :notworthy: