Ducati Fairing on a V11 Cafe Sport

moto fugazzi

I found this Ducati Monster CF fairing on eBay for a relatively good price. The problem is that the mounting brackets won't work, and I need to fab some up. http://www.ebay.com/itm/160972741762?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I figured I'd post this up, and maybe someone with more skills than me would be interested in one of the fairings, and fab a few sets for others that may be interested. Any takers? 

Ken

Here's a pic of the fairing with the stock 8" V11 headlight, and it just barely clears.

IMG_7952_zpsiprz0mzo.jpg

I have a similar Guzzi fly screen on my Greenie.  

First, does it mounting holes on the sides to match the bolt ears on the headlight?  If you have that, then it's just a matter of bracing the top half to the bars or triple clamp.  You might find a local welder or machine shop to fab some mounts.

I make some quick brackets out of aluminum tonight, and here's the end result. Now that I know it will work, I can fab some up out of thicker aluminum or steel. The downside is that it mounts to the headlight bucket, and the fairing covers up those bolts. I can't wait until it warms up so I can take the bark busters off...they're ugly, but keep the cold/rain/snow off of my hands.

Ken

IMG_7961_zpscd4ypukl.jpg

I'm sure he ain't no wuss, but he did just move up here from Florida. He'll get used to the weather up here, and be riding during winter in no time.  :grin:

We had a snow storm (Goliath) earlier this week, and I saw a guy on a Goldwing riding during it with an inch of snow on the ground. He was fishtailing when I saw him ride away from a stop sign, and I thought if he goes down, there's no way he's picking that up by himself in the snow.

Ken

• Like 1

MF- looks like a nice flyscreen.  Good job.

I didn't new years got up to about 40.  I rode the day after and got about 5 miles and determined that it's nuts.