New shifter springs.

Guest John T

Just wondering if anyone here is using the new aftermarket shift springs.

They are a little thicker than stock, is there a feel difference?

Guest david scott

Have the oklahoma spring installed in my transmission now, but only been in a few months. No difference in feel. search transmission springs and you will find all about the sources. regards david :mg:

Yes, I have the Oklahoma spring also.

I installed the replacement shift spring from cannon racing (shifter spring FAQ)

and as I was playing with the shifter on my bench I noticed it would hang on upshifts.

In other words, the shifter would click into gear fine but not return to the normal position for the next shift. This does not happen on downshifts, just on upshifts.

I replaced the spring with the regular Guzzi spring and it works fine.

Upon measuring both springs, the replacement spring is about 2 thou. bigger in diameter from the original. This extra tension holds back the shifter pawl and won't release it back to the normal position.

I called Kerry from Cannon racing and chatted. Yes he made the spring bigger.

He also stated he never heard of a problem and thinks that once the tranny is installed and running, the vibration will cause the spring to ratchet back into place.

David, can you check your bike while it's not running and try to upshift. Does it hang a little?

Anyone else have this spring installed?

Guest david scott

John T when I put my oklahoma spring in, the tranny seemed to shift poorly up but steadily got better, by the 2nd day it shifted as good as it ever did. Have only had the spring in 3 months and havent done a lot of riding the last month. I have heard two reports of this spring so far, one guy had his in for two years without any further problems, another had the spring fail at 1500 miles. Pain in the butt to replace for the average wrench, or the below average like I am. regards david <_<